Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ramps 1.4 LCD Issue

Posted by aymanem 
Ramps 1.4 LCD Issue
December 18, 2015 06:52PM
Hey guys, as mentioned on the topic the LCD is on but shows nothing
i have the red board 2004 smart controller LCD, i tried too many firmwares, nothing worked
i followed also tutorials saying that i should uncomment #define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER and #define SDSUPPORT but nothing changes,
Could anyone help on this and thanks !
Re: Ramps 1.4 LCD Issue
December 19, 2015 01:56AM
Maybe this thread will be useful.
December 19, 2015 01:54PM
i have the same issue with my LCD as mentioned in that thread : i don't know where to add the resistor
another thing, can someone explain me the three contrast pins located in top of the memory card reader ??? confused smiley
here is a picture of my LCD please tell me which resistor i should have and where to sold it and thanks
Attachments:
open | download - Sans titre-1.jpg (471.7 KB)
December 19, 2015 02:50PM
i fixed it by adding a pot in the dots in the LCD , thanks anyways
January 14, 2016 02:22PM
Have you put imported the U8glib file in to Arduino IDE ? and reloaded the firmware to the mega2560
January 14, 2016 10:12PM
the 2004 smart controller does not require U8glib, the Full Graphic Smart Controller needs this....
January 15, 2016 05:43PM
Soz for that. new to this stuff. All I know is that in order to get my sain???? working I have to import the file
January 26, 2016 02:28PM
aymanem
i fixed it by adding a pot in the dots in the LCD , thanks anyways

What do you mean that you fixed it by adding a pot in the dots in the LCD?

Can you upload a picture of your fix? What kind of pot (value) did you add?

I added a picture of my 2004 LCD and pointed to the spot where I think you might be talking about.

Thank you.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2016 06:56PM by ChileMaker.
Attachments:
open | download - 2004lcd_spot.JPG (117.9 KB)
January 30, 2016 09:10PM
I found my problem.

So I thought I would try another lcd adapter. When I got the other one to replace the first, I noticed that the ext sockets were keyed differently. What the heck? I did not think that it could be wrong and did not check.

The second one worked. It is the red one in my picture and came with the LCD. Not sure where I got the white one. I have another LCD that has the correct keyed lcd adapter. I had also tried that LCD and it did not work since I was using the same bad adapter that I used on the first LCD. sad smiley

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2016 11:01PM by ChileMaker.
Attachments:
open | download - lcd_adapters.JPG (91.9 KB)
January 31, 2016 02:53AM
Good catch, and yes everyone presumes the connectors are on correctly...

Only thing I’ve seen similar was a ramps with the D8,D10 and D10 plugs around the wrong way, but that was obvious.

After seeing this I did a Google image search for "ramps 1.4 lcd smart adaptor" and found lots of egs with the connector on both ways.
After a bit more searching it looks like there are two different style connectors on the back of the LCD, the ones that have pins straight out the back is the reverse of the ones that have the plug at 90 degrees so the pins face downwards, so that is why there are two adaptors.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2016 03:16AM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login