Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

12864 LCD + RAMPS 1.4 - momentary switch problems

Posted by watercoolertje 
12864 LCD + RAMPS 1.4 - momentary switch problems
February 11, 2016 07:31AM
Hi all,

I have a problem with the switch in the rotary knob, in the newest marlin firmware the knob and the click on the knob doesn't work at all:

But with older marlin firmware (i used it on my sanguinolulu setup, and edited the motherboard for the ramps 1.4) the knob does work (reversed but that's no problem and fixable),
but the click is registered double or something, i can see the menu in a flash and then i goes back, when i click a lot sometimes i stay in the menu, but if i want to get a layer deeper i have the same problem:

I do have a momentary switch i can hook up and set the pins to, i tried pin 63 (so pin 63 & 5v are connected with a switch in between) on AUX-2, but that didn't work at all...

Thanks in advance, i really hope someone is able to help me! Searched other topics, but i didn't find any with the same problem!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2016 07:32AM by watercoolertje.
Re: 12864 LCD + RAMPS 1.4 - momentary switch problems
February 11, 2016 09:00AM
I think that as long as you have a MIN TEMP error you cannot enter the submenus.
February 11, 2016 09:20AM
enif
I think that as long as you have a MIN TEMP error you cannot enter the submenus.

Thanks for your reply, that could be indeed a part of the solution! I will try within 2 or 3 hours when i'm at home.

But that doen't explain why the older firmware act so weird on click, i think that problem will be there with the newer firmware to, because RAMPS1.4 and the LCD are supported in both versions of marlin i'm testing with.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2016 09:22AM by watercoolertje.
February 11, 2016 01:03PM
Oke I'm in the menu now, really thanks for that hint/trick, and really stupid navigating is blocked by a temp error sad smiley

Next step would be to get the SD card working, i don't see it at all (no option in the menu, no icon/text on dashboard), is there a special trick for that too? I don't have any errors in the screen...
February 11, 2016 02:12PM
Essentially, the macro SDSUPPORT must be set to have support of the SD card reader. Depending on the version of Marlin and the display used this is done either directly in Configuration.h or automatically by means of some #ifdefs as a result of the defined display type.
February 11, 2016 02:29PM
enif
Essentially, the macro SDSUPPORT must be set to have support of the SD card reader. Depending on the version of Marlin and the display used this is done either directly in Configuration.h or automatically by means of some #ifdefs as a result of the defined display type.

I really feel like an idiot, but you are my hero for sure smiling smiley In the old version that was done automatically!

Now thats all wokring i'm gonna put on the stepper drivers and motors and everything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2016 02:29PM by watercoolertje.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login