Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RAMPS 12V Output Pin

Posted by laidlawe18 
RAMPS 12V Output Pin
March 11, 2016 02:54PM
I'm building a Prusa i3 with Ramps 1.4, and I'm trying to install a hall effect sensor as the z min endstop, but it requires 12V, not the 5 that are provided on the endstop pins. I was wondering where a good pin that I could get 12V from. I'm already using the 12V out next to the X-stepper driver for my extruder fan. Does anyone know any other 12V outs?

Thanks!
Re: RAMPS 12V Output Pin
March 11, 2016 06:54PM
Connect it to the power supply.
March 11, 2016 08:00PM
12v aux (just behind the power connectors) If its not already in use..

Other than that the power supply is the only option.
March 12, 2016 02:50AM
I've soldered wires to the 12V AUX connector and a 5x2 male connector. Now I can feed 5 different consumers with it.
Attachments:
open | download - 12V-connector.jpg (166 KB)
March 12, 2016 03:47AM
o_lampe
I've soldered wires to the 12V AUX connector and a 5x2 male connector. Now I can feed 5 different consumers with it.

I did something similar with a strip of veroboard (stripboard) - the only thing to remember is that each copper strip can only handle up to 0.5A. I soldered some single-strand wire along each strip to boost capacity.
You will also have to ensure that the connection strip doesn't touch anything it shouldn't as everything is a bit exposed. I put mine into a box (STLs attached) - the input wire goes through the narrow slot, and the output wires go through the wide slot. When I made these the lid was a snug fit, but you may need to use some tape or glue.
Attachments:
open | download - case body.stl (3 KB)
open | download - case lid.stl (1.4 KB)
March 12, 2016 08:49AM
I ended up doing something similar.

I just soldered a wire to two header pins so now I have 2 positive pins.

Thanks for the replies!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login