Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Motors Only Move In One Direction Must Hold End Stop Down To Move In Both Directions

Posted by ca_resh 
Prusa I3
Melzi Board
Reptier Host

Recently Just Picked Up A New Melzi Board For Fairly Cheap For My Prusa I3. Connected The Board To Repetier Host For The First Time Everything Works Fine Heaters / Temp, Extruder Extrudes, Bed ,Fans Only Issue Is With The Stepper Motors And End Stops I Can Only Move The Axis In On Direction X only Goes Right Y Only Moves Forward & Z Only Moves Up. Could This Be A Firmware Issue I've Double Checked My Wiring And Even Switched Around My End Stop Wires But The Problem Still Persists, I've Noticed When I Hold Down My X End Stop The X Asis Can Move In Both Directions With No Problems If I Give the Command In Repeitier Host Same With all The Other Axis's I Must Hold Down The End Stops For Them To Move Both Directions. Wondering If Anyone Can Point Me In The Correct Direction Any Help Would Be Appreciated Cheers
Sounds like your endstops are inverted. That can be changed in the firmware, you just have to edit & reload the firmware to the board.

Sending the gcode M119 will tell you for sure.
thanks for the quick reply I'm a newbie to flashing firmware I believe I only have done it once before what do I look for in the configuration.h file? what would the end stop line look like thanks
The section you want is:

const bool X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define DISABLE_MAX_ENDSTOPS
//#define DISABLE_MIN_ENDSTOPS

The above is what I have for my printer with Marlin RC5.

After updating the firmware, do a M119 to make sure the endstops are working correctly.
seems like that fixed my movement problems I can home all the axis now and move freely in both directions however my extruder is now inverted when I try to extrude it retracts and when I try to retract it extrudes also the fan is non responsive I get the following error when trying to use the fan

18:10:02.025 : Unknown command:N22 M106 S255
18:10:19.478 : Unknown command:N28 M107

also forgot to mention I'm running repetier firmware on the board instead of marlin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login