Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SD Card Support...

Posted by schmuck 
SD Card Support...
July 16, 2016 04:22PM
Hey guys,

I know there is probably a ton of these on here, but I need some help with my sd card. Everything was all good my first couple prints with it and then all the sudden I do the same process to prepare for printing and it doesn't read the card. There is no change when I put the card in or take it out and there is the no sd card button on the lcd menu. I haven't changed anything in the firmware since the problem has started happening. Figure it might be something simple since it was just working not even 2 prints ago. I know that the 8gb might be the issue but I don't think so since it was working at one time.

Discount Smart Controller
Kingston 8gb SDHC
Ramps 1.4 using Marlin

Thanks for your help
Schmuck
Re: SD Card Support...
July 16, 2016 05:14PM
Have the cables moved and are connectors fitted properly?

Are the card and reader contacts clean? Clean the card, put it in and see if it comes out dirty.

How about your power supply? SD card can take several tens of milliamps when starting and then it will just end up in reset loop if the power supply is too weak.

I think 8GB is overkill, but it should work. And the speed of card is irrelevant. It will be accessed in SPI mode. I would use smallest Sandisk or Trancend cards. In my rescue bin I have three no brand and six Kingstons.
Re: SD Card Support...
July 20, 2016 02:11PM
All contacts are clean and everything is in order. Everything is connected properly, but it still doesn't seem to show up. I even partitioned it down to 2gb and reformatted it to FAT16 rather than FAT32.

Not sure how I would test for that kind of thing on my power supply? I will try and unplug all my outside connections and see if it isn't receiving the right amount of power. Not sure if it is something with the board or the lcd screen itself.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login