Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1.5 years I decided to ask, why my motors only work in one direction.

Posted by Nate_Bro 
1.5 years I decided to ask, why my motors only work in one direction.
November 05, 2016 09:29PM
I have tried everything I can think of. I still can't seem to get my 3d printer going. I also have a cnc router with an Arduino cnc shield I have used to test all the motors, drivers, and my Arduinos...

The hardware works fine, all I can think of is maybe there is an issue with the ramps, or firmware. I'm leaning towards firmware since the motors work fine in one direction.

I have both optical and mechanical end stops.

Also after moving in one direction the motors have full power, I can't move them by hand in any direction.

Any ideas where to look now?
Attachments:
open | download - 20161105_202817.jpg (195.9 KB)
open | download - 20161105_202802.jpg (259.2 KB)
open | download - 20161105_202744.jpg (196.3 KB)
Re: 1.5 years I decided to ask, why my motors only work in one direction.
November 05, 2016 11:12PM
Connect it to a computer so you can see whats going on. LCD's are notorious for hiding stuff from you.
Use a simple interface like pronterface

check your endstops work and match your hardware. (I see them hanging......)

Send the printer a M119, it will report the endstop status as seen by the controller.
Any that report as triggered it can't move in that direction.

Also since your endstops are dangling...
normal machine operation is on power on it presumes each axis is at 0. so you can move forward from the position and back to this position but not -ve from start position.
You normally home each axis to a known position (either 0 or max position, depending if its a min or max endstop) so the printer knows where it really is after power on.

If you want to run without endstops (possible, but not recommended) you have to make it so M119 says all endstosp are open and then manually set the printer position with G92 every time you turn it on.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2016 11:37PM by Dust.
Re: 1.5 years I decided to ask, why my motors only work in one direction.
November 06, 2016 01:06PM
Turns out it was the end stops, about an hour after playing with the configuration I got it going thanks!
Attachments:
open | download - 20161106_120207.jpg (200.4 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login