Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to connect wires if I want to add one more heater and thermistor on hot end.

Posted by zhldemeng 
Hi,
I m new here. I want to add one more heater and thermistor on my printer hotend. How to connect wires on RAMPS1.4 if I want to add one more heater and thermistor on hot end. And hoe to set up in configuration.h ? Thank you for your help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2017 06:56PM by zhldemeng.
Re: How to connect wires if I want to add one more heater and thermistor on hot end.
March 02, 2017 03:36AM
You'd have to use the Fan output as second extruder heater ( D9 ).
Also #define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_RAMPS_EEB ( #34 ) instead of RAMPS_EFB in Marlins configuration.h.
Then change thermistor definition for T1 to match the new thermistor.
Thank u very much for ur help. I will try it.
Hello,
Is this the same?

I want to use the temperature sensor from the 2th extruder for my 2th heated bed.
I use 2x heated bed plates 214x214 mm for a bed 500x250 mm.
Any idea how to change configuration h for that?
Harry
Re: How to connect wires if I want to add one more heater and thermistor on hot end.
March 09, 2017 04:30PM
two heated beds is not a supported option

Also if your using a ramps you cant plug in the 2nd bed in anywhere, only D8 has enough current for a directly connected heated bed.

You would need a separate little board to add in another mosfet designed for the 11amp, and supply that board with 12v 11amps something like [reprap.org]

Your power supply also needs 11amps for 1st bed and 11amps for second bed + 5amps for everything else
27amps supply minimum, and since most power supplied lie about their capacity your going to need 35-40amp.
Or you could use a separate supply, just connect the grounds together

For temp control your going to have to lie to your printer and set it up as a second hotend.. no support for second heated bed in any firmware that im aware of.

I would probably just get a arduino and plug that into the Sevenswitch, set that up as a independent system

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2017 04:36PM by Dust.
March 10, 2017 04:55AM
Dust
For temp control your going to have to lie to your printer and set it up as a second hotend.. no support for second heated bed in any firmware that im aware of.

Teacup Firmware supports more than one heated bed. In fact, it doesn't distinguish between hotend and bed heaters, except for the G-code shortcuts (M104, M140).

Dust
I would probably just get a arduino and plug that into the Sevenswitch, set that up as a independent system

Better two SevenSwitches, one for each bed. They can share the same Arduino pin for the signal and if one also ignores the second thermistor it works like a single heated bed.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

But my T1 used for hot bed thermistor already. And T0 used for hot end thermistor. May I connect my thermistor to T2? If can, how I set up in repeiter-hot and configuration.h?
Dust and Traumflug thank you for the tip.

I use already 2x relays [www.banggood.com]
and
ATX 12V Power Supply Unit - 400 W [reprapuniverse.com]

Power supply with total 7 wires 12 volt
4 wires for Ramps (Hotend + hotbed 1) 4/7 x 24Amp= 13,7 Amp.
and
3 wires for Hotbed 2 .3/7 x 24 Amp= 10.2 Amp.

Electrical correct?
Thanks Harry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2017 06:09AM by tunnelplan.
o_lampe
You'd have to use the Fan output as second extruder heater ( D9 ).
Also #define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_RAMPS_EEB ( #34 ) instead of RAMPS_EFB in Marlins configuration.h.
Then change thermistor definition for T1 to match the new thermistor.

But my T1 used for hot bed thermistor already. And T0 used for hot end thermistor. May I connect my thermistor to T2? If can, how I set up in repeiter-hot and configuration.h?
A little more information about what you're trying to achieve would be helpful.

It sounds like you want to have two heaters and two thermistors in a single hot-end? What do you want to measure with the second thermistor? How will that differ from the first thermistor? If it's not significantly different, then just use one thermistor to control both heater circuits. But then, why not a single more powerful heater?

Or do you want to have *two* hot-ends each with a heater and thermistor? And presumably two extruders.
frankvdh
A little more information about what you're trying to achieve would be helpful.

It sounds like you want to have two heaters and two thermistors in a single hot-end? What do you want to measure with the second thermistor? How will that differ from the first thermistor? If it's not significantly different, then just use one thermistor to control both heater circuits. But then, why not a single more powerful heater?

Or do you want to have *two* hot-ends each with a heater and thermistor? And presumably two extruders.

Thank u for ur reply.
Actually, this printer use a extruding screw to inject the ABS pellets to nozzle, now one heater and one thermistor are installed on the nozzle. I want to add one more heater( polyimit film heater) and one more thermistor on the extruding barrel outside to per-heat the ABS pellets, and make it become softer before reach to nozzle. Two heater with operate in different temperature. Is it possible?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login