Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ardiuno mega not detected/recognised when connected to pc with RAMPS 1.4 mounted

Posted by savan 
Ardiuno mega not detected/recognised when connected to pc with RAMPS 1.4 mounted
January 04, 2018 08:41AM
HELP ME guys for my homemade 3D printer. I am stucked at the final stage.

When I connect my Ardiuno bord alone to my laptop it is working fine (i think so) and I am able to upload the marlin firmware to it succesfully. (COM PORT 8)

BUT, When the Ardiuno is connected along with RAMPS 1.4 to my laptop + Power Sorce (12V ,20A), no recognition and sometimes giving error messege of POWER SURGE ON HUB PORT. HOWEVER, endstops are working.

note:
Ramps bord is fully assembled with all stepper motor drivers and other wirings too.
I am using win7.

Please let me know if anybody have faced same issue or any ideas how to resolve this issue.
VDX
Re: Ardiuno mega not detected/recognised when connected to pc with RAMPS 1.4 mounted
January 04, 2018 12:32PM
... most likely issues with the GND-levels of your laptop and the printer PS'es - there seems to be a high "cross-current", what can wreck your USB-ports!

Other possible problems could be shorts on the RAMPS, wrong plugged edstops (shorting GND and +5V) or an LCD drawing too much current ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Re: Ardiuno mega not detected/recognised when connected to pc with RAMPS 1.4 mounted
January 04, 2018 09:02PM
you have to remove everything from the ramps, the stepper drivers, and all cables and just try the bare ramps on the mega

If that work then you have to add in parts 1 by 1 till it stops working

If the bare ramps doesn't work then there is a issue with the board. Check for solder blobs etc...
January 04, 2018 11:43PM
Hey VDX and Dust, Thanks for your prompt reply and suggestions.

I will Recheck the details as per your suggestions and let you know.

Please find the files attached here with my present wiring set-up. The power source cable i have is 2pin, should i change it with 3 pin? or it doesn't matter at all?.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20180105_095910_HDR.jpg (171.6 KB)
open | download - IMG_20180105_095947_HDR.jpg (141.4 KB)
January 05, 2018 01:48AM
Hi Dust,

I have just checked my Ramps board with one by one componenet with powersupply OFF., And I found that its being recognised by my pc with all componenets except for the endstops (mechanical). So, is there any problem with Endstops?? . Should I proceed without endstops?
and I am not connecting any LCD display and heat bead as of now.

when power supply connected with ramps along with my laptop, dose my laptop drawing any power from PSU??
As I am from mechanical side, so i am totally zero in this regards, so please bear with me and my silly questions.
Thanking You.
January 05, 2018 02:39AM
most endstops have pin 3 connectors S,GND and 5v (some have 4, the two centre ones are both gnd and only one should be used)

If you plug them in correctly S is connected to GND and 5v is used for LED's
If you plug it in backwards the GND and 5v get shorted and everything dies.

The board end looks right, so maybe you have the plugs in backwards at the endstop end or perhaps the colors are backwards on your endstop cables..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2018 02:41AM by Dust.
January 05, 2018 12:20PM
Thank a lot VDX and Dust, You guys ROCKS!!!

My printer is running now.(can succefully execute G-code via Pronterface).
However, fillament (PLA) is not getting feed at 205'C temp. (Bowdon type Extruder)
my E3DV6 hot end fan is also not running may be due to falty connection. (where to connect my hot end fan?).

P.S.: Always double check the endstop connections (biggest culprit).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login