Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ramps - replace stepper by dc motor

Posted by jot4p 
Ramps - replace stepper by dc motor
February 15, 2018 02:32PM
Hello,

I have a ramps 1.4 with 4 dvr8825.

I use this configuration for a clay printer. For this I changed the common extruder (of the 3d printers) by a peristaltic pump with same stepper motor.

However these motors are too small and I need a DC motor with high torque and big size.

Any idea how to control a DC motor with the stepper driver? Any similar project ? use M commands and other configuration ?

Thanks for help.
Re: Ramps - replace stepper by dc motor
February 15, 2018 03:46PM
There were projects to control a dc motor with encoder by the step, dir, enable signals. The encoder required an separate Arduino, so it wasn't a real closed loop setup. AFAIK the dc motors were still small, but there's no reason why it couldn't be scaled up.
OTOH, there are steppers with leadscrews for clay printing in a syringe-style setup.
VDX
February 15, 2018 05:10PM
... I'm using servos and closed-loop drivers with DIR+STEP inputs - have two types of UHU-boards with this controller: [www.uhu-servo.de]
One board type is bigger (160x100mm, doubled sandwich) with 150 Volts max, the other is smaller and single board with 40 Volts max.

Have some closed-loop drivers for steppers too: [de.nanotec.com]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
February 20, 2018 12:03PM
o_lampe
OTOH, there are steppers with leadscrews for clay printing in a syringe-style setup.

This is good but is limited (m3) to the size of the container.
February 20, 2018 12:06PM
I will try with big steppers and gearbox..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login