Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Arduino mega vs Uno vs Duemilanove

Posted by Hobbes20xx 
Arduino mega vs Uno vs Duemilanove
April 17, 2011 10:28PM
Are these interchangable with the standard RAMPS package? I'm new to reprap's and am currently building a prusa, having a hard time finding the Arduino MEGA board, thanks!
Re: Arduino mega vs Uno vs Duemilanove
April 18, 2011 01:16AM
I'm not sure about you question, I think you are missing some port and/or memory on the arduino Duemilanove. But you can even find the arduino mega on amazon... Personally I bought mine on ebay with a Chinese manufacturer
April 18, 2011 06:58PM
The Mega is not pin compatible with the RAMPS shield. This is the case with lots of shield due to minor differences in pin assigments.
April 18, 2011 10:10PM
Errr, I think you've got yourself backwards there jcabrer.

RAMPS was designed for the Mega (includes Mega clones and the Mega 1280 and 2560) series Arduino boards.

It will not work with the Duemilanove, Uno, clones of these, etc unless you change some pin assignments on the board layout.

I haven't looked at the board lately, but it's even possible that RAMPS uses more pins than the Duemilanove/Uno's have.

PS: If it doesn't work with a particular Mega clone, then I'd say that the Mega clone has something wrong with it (eg: non-standard connector layout).
April 18, 2011 11:34PM
Right! What I meant to say is that the Mega Arduino is not pin compatible with a lot of shields designed for duemillanove and UNO.
April 21, 2011 03:11PM
[www.amazon.com]

mega 2560 on amazon
UNO and Duemilanove are almost the same. The difference of them is their Serial chip, Duemilnove used ft232 chip, and UNO used the atmega8 or atmega16 programming as serial function. you can purchase them from an open hardware facilitation company (Elecrow) and get technology surpport there. their website is www.elecrow.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login