Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RAMPS printed enclosure

Posted by brnrd 
RAMPS printed enclosure
April 19, 2011 09:45AM
I finally have all the electronics for RAMPS! I'm about to print the enclosure in the wiki. Is there a combined STL file available so that I can print them in one go? Thanks!
Re: RAMPS printed enclosure
April 25, 2011 08:14PM
I just noticed that ultimachine.com sells v1.2 RAMPS electronics while the enclosures only go up to v 1.1. Will it work? Also, the case can accomodate a 40 fan. How thick of a fan would fit?

Thanks.
April 26, 2011 01:08PM
1.1 and 1.2 are the same size (as big as the Arduino MEGA). If your fan is too big, it can mount to the outside. I have troubles printing the enclosure with RepSnapper, so I havent tried it yet.
April 26, 2011 09:55PM
Thanks!
May 31, 2011 03:53PM
I just printed the top and bottom parts of the enclosure in ABS. The bottom printed well but the top is warped on the corners and it also has some layers separating in the corners. Not very good but good enough for use. I use an aluminum with kaptom (50 mm wide) tape at 110-120C. I hope to improve this later when I put the whole Mendel in a box to keep the temperature around 50C or above like nophead.

Anyway, I see a number of pads in the RAMPS shield to supply the power (12V) to the enclosure fan. The ones close to C4 and Q3 seem to have the same spacings as the fan connector. Is there a better option?

There's also provision in the upper part of the enclosure for an LED. Is this supposed to connect to where the LED is soldered on the RAMPS board? Or is there another place where I can connect this. What function does this LED display?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2011 05:50PM by brnrd.
May 31, 2011 08:38PM
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:8935

I have several designs for RAMPS, but this one prints flat, and the results look great.

Features:
LCD Cut-Out in the lid
Captive 50mm fan
Hidden flap for those with cable too short to go in the right way ;^
Reset Button built-in
Prints flat, for a smooth finish

The lid will be moving over from the previous design once I verify that it still fits. If you don't want to wait, you can grab it from the other design.

June 02, 2011 10:59PM
nice, i like it.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
June 06, 2011 07:24PM
nice looking box.

am i missing something or do you have a way of hooking the LCD to the ramps board?
June 06, 2011 07:38PM
My LCD is Serial (not SPI or I2C), so I have to work it into the software if support is not already there. I'm using Sprinter, so if I add support for serial LCDs, that's where it will show up first.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login