Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Voltage Breakdown after connecting Power supply

Posted by Tejas Lingayat 
Voltage Breakdown after connecting Power supply
March 17, 2018 02:00AM
Hello,

I have a problem regarding the input voltage.when I apply +12v and -12v to the input port.
After connecting -12v input is getting breakdown to 0.7 volts.What would be the problem.we checked all the the possibilities of short circuiting.
Re: Voltage Breakdown after connecting Power supply
March 17, 2018 02:15AM
RAMPS does not have a -12v connector anywhere!!!!

there are two circuits

11amp and 5amp both take a +12v and a GND pin

re check what your doing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2018 02:23AM by Dust.
March 17, 2018 02:42AM
Okk..we got it .
I am using RAMPS 1.4 and arduino Mega 2560.
For us it is hard to find PSU for a decent price, will you suggest us which PSU to be used
March 17, 2018 06:50AM
Depends what you have..

Most of the machine excluding the heated bed all runs on a 12v 5amp
if you have a heated bed (standard 200x200 11amp pcb bed) then you need and additional 11amp minimum (think 20amps total)

Pc power supplies work. as long as they have enough current on the 12v lines, some need the 5v lines loaded to get to bring the 12v up to 12v vs something lower.

Personally I prefer cheap LED lighting power supplies from china, you can tweak them to 13.5v and the bed heats up so much faster.

But Im concerned if you cant afford a power supply, your never going to be able to afford filament.
March 17, 2018 10:58AM
Tejas Lingayat
Hello,

I have a problem regarding the input voltage.when I apply +12v and -12v to the input port.
After connecting -12v input is getting breakdown to 0.7 volts.What would be the problem.we checked all the the possibilities of short circuiting.

That could just mean that you have plugged in the stepper drivers the wrong way round. But don't reverse them without checking whether that is what you have done.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 21, 2018 08:16AM
Got with a new problem...
COM port gets disabled in device manager when I connect RAMPS board on Arduino Mega......
When RAMPS is removed COM port is enabled.
What may the cause for this??
March 21, 2018 08:26AM
You have a electrical short on the 5v rail

Most commonly this is your end stops plugged in backwards or shorted

remove you endstops and re test

If its not that then perhaps your stepper drivers are in backwards or out by one pin

remove those also and re test
March 23, 2018 04:23AM
I tested the movement of the axis ....X and y axis are working properly but theres problem with z axis...its rotating only in one step angle and then it gets stopped....what would be the problem??....where i have to make the changes
Z axis not working
March 29, 2018 02:31PM
Strucked with a new problem...
I am not having a 2 holes connectors for connecting the motors of z axis on RAMPS 1.4 board.
So I connected using the male to female jumping wire.
But its rotating in only one step angle...
when i connect only single motor then its working properly..

Then how should I connect the motors.
March 30, 2018 03:32AM
The default way steppers are wired is in parallel , this halves the current each stepper gets. Works on most machines, but not on some with current heavy steppers.

rewire in series

see [www.instructables.com]
Hotend is not getting hot
April 07, 2018 03:54AM
Hello...
We gave a object for printing ...firstly we got a good output....but now when we set the temperature we are getting a error like saving failed for set last temperatur
Re: Hotend is not getting hot
April 20, 2018 05:43AM
Filament is getting jammed in the nozzle and getting error like saving failed for set last temperature.what will be the problem.
April 20, 2018 07:52AM
Please post exact error message
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login