Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where can I get terminal blocks

Posted by Falcondestroyer123 
Where can I get terminal blocks
May 22, 2018 07:45AM
Hey guys,

I recently had a melt down of mosfet and the D10,D9,D8 got melted and i can't fin replacement parts. I want to buy a single component so not bulk please and Im in Australia

Or could i stack 2 of these [FcAAOSwxuha8XD2" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.ebay.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2018 08:53AM by Falcondestroyer123.
Re: Where can I get terminal blocks
May 23, 2018 03:27AM
If you have to replace them anyway, just go one step further and solder silicone insulated wires directly to the PCB. You can then use any inline connector you like. ( eg. Deans-T or XT60 connectors or banana plugs )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2018 03:28AM by o_lampe.
June 20, 2018 12:37PM
Jaycar has a few different kinds, but for more choice (and higher prices) Farnell - or as it is now known Element14. You can search and place order online, then pick it up from their trade counter. Delivery is around 13 bucks, usually overnight.
June 22, 2018 04:15AM
You main problem is most likely the heat from the mosfet. It can get unreasonably hot. And since it is thermally connected to the screw terminal, it can add a substantial amount of heat to the screw terminals.

While you are soldering on your board, try to replace you heat bed mosfet with a IRLB3034

The standard STP55NF06L mosfet will (according to the datasheet) reach at least 112 degree Celsius (above room temperature) with a load of 10A. (I x I x R x C : 10 x 10 x 0.018 x 62) And this is a very optimistic estimate that is most likely a minimum of 30% too low.

Where the IRLB3034, using the same calculation, only reaches 16 degree Celsius above room temperature with a 10A load. (10 x 10 x 0.0025 x 62)

Either way, doubling up on connections/screw terminals/wires lowers the load (and heat production) on each component.

And adding more copper/metal, on the thermal path from the mosfet - in the form of more wires and/or thicker/more connectors in the screw terminal(s) - will also add (some level of) additional cooling "fins" to the very hot mosfet.

But I would still recommend changing to a mosfet that simply does not get as hot.
June 25, 2018 07:37AM
I replaced mine with these [www.infineon.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login