Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tronxy X5S converting to Arduino Board

Posted by zurferjoe 
Tronxy X5S converting to Arduino Board
June 06, 2018 05:26AM
Hi out there , I have a Tronxy X5S and its a pain ! The thing just seems to refuse to run !! I have installed the the Update kit Chitu board and touch screen etc also a USB conversion as the board does not have one ! Ive had enough of this buy and then find out bad backup back instructions etc etc ! Can I convert this disaster to run on an original Arduino Board and if which one ? Hope you can help thank you
Re: Tronxy X5S converting to Arduino Board
June 06, 2018 08:15AM
I see you are still having problems with your TronXY X5S.

To Answer your question yes, there are many different controller boards you could put on your 3D Printer.

What is the problem you are having, the forum users would be happy to assist you in getting your 3D Printer running.

Information Below is FYI. I see that The_Wizard has two version of Marlin firmware working for the TronXy X5S, you may want to compare your configuration.h and configuration_adv.h with his.

[www.thingiverse.com]
[www.thingiverse.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2018 08:40AM by Roberts_Clif.
June 09, 2018 04:45AM
Hi back ! To say Im having problems is an understatement ! But yes it still aint running . Bought the update kit ,now its a X5SA, which has the touchscreen and a better board etc . With the kit I also bought a USB attachment as the board didnot have one .I think its working , when I plug the computer cable in the usb socket the touch screen lights up . I then try to upload Arduino ,with the correct appointed converted firmware only to get the ,avrude stk program is not responding etc etc .Ive now got a Makerbase MKS GEN VLO board and am toying with the idea of ripping out this NEW system and building up ,and working with a system where I can get help in English and it might even work ! or just buy Genuine Aduino everything and see if that does the trick . i live in hope , and thank you for answering my request , look forward to your opinion ,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2018 04:46AM by zurferjoe.
June 09, 2018 05:11AM
from [www.customize3d.biz]

Microprocessor:STM32F103

this is a 32 bit control board and is not going to run marlin... (marlin 2 may work on this eventually)
June 10, 2018 01:21PM
Yes got that one ! With the Update kit , very helpfull people there but it still is not happening , avtrude stk 500 programer is not responding ,etc etc .Orderd a complete Arduino Uno R3 setup and hope this cures my woes !!
June 10, 2018 09:01PM
You cannot upload marlin to this board.

It is not marlin compatible

your trying to put a mouse brain into a cheetah
June 11, 2018 03:45AM
I know that ,Scott Worthington from Customize-3D expained that to me , but I need the Arduino and thats what I cant upload ,just getting "avtrude stk500 program is not reponding" .
June 11, 2018 04:21AM
So is this the board your trying to upload firmware to?

If its is in the arduino ide what have you set for board and processor?
Board should be Sanguino and processor should be "ATmega 1284 or ATmega1284P (16MHz)."

Have a read of [customize-3d.com]
It implies that these boards do not come with a bootloader so you may need to install one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2018 04:36AM by Dust.
June 11, 2018 05:00AM
Its this one ,that updates the Tronxy X5S to X5SA , plus the USB kit
Attachments:
open | download - new board .JPG (138.8 KB)
open | download - new board plus usb.JPG (128.3 KB)
June 11, 2018 06:25AM
Going round in circles..

You tell me you know and understand that you can NOT upload marlin the that controller as it is a 32 bit controller.

and then you turn around an say your still trying to upload marlin to the 32 bit controller...
June 11, 2018 07:06AM
Yes going round in circles , I am uploading Arduino ,but not uploading the Marlin section . Ok as you may have guest I am not a electro tech guy . But I have been told that I need Arduino to run my printer yes ? The new Tronxy X5SA board has the Chitu software
June 11, 2018 08:13AM
You dont need an arduino unless you specifically want to run marlin, you can put marlin on the X5S board as it is an arduino

The Tronxy X5SA looks decent enough, whats wrong with it?
June 11, 2018 10:15AM
Hope I can now close the circle ! I would like to run Marlin , it took me a long time to understand it but I got it.I download the Tronxy X5SA from Scott , but when uploading I just get avtrude stk 500 program is not responding etc . Do I need to down load a driver to install the USB kit made for this board or is it plug and play ?
June 12, 2018 07:42AM
I hope I can find help with this problem , I have up till now worked with a German Rep Rap Protos V3 ,with great success ,straight out of the box printing 100% , pics enclosed of my V8 Ford Flattie WeberConversion manifolds in Carbon . And My Geeetech I3 Clone , there I printed casting boxes for my Cadillac V8 Inlet Manifold to take Two Carter Carbs ,pictures included. Now I need more size !! And thought the Tronxy was the way to go ! Wrong I seem to be going backwards , ok Im no Electro head but Im trying !! Hope you help me get to Bonneville with my next project for next year.My BSA A10 alloy barrel conversion ,casting boxes etc , perfect for the Tronxy if I can get it to go !!
Attachments:
open | download - Group 1.JPG (107.2 KB)
open | download - front 2.jpg (161.8 KB)
open | download - IMG_2025.JPG (109.4 KB)
open | download - group pic.JPG (90.2 KB)
open | download - IMG_3275.JPG (114 KB)
open | download - Cylinder and clone 2.JPG (113.9 KB)
open | download - cylinder with clone 1.JPG (120.6 KB)
open | download - bsa 3.jpg (335.2 KB)
June 15, 2018 05:12AM
It looks like Im missing the CH340 driver ! Hope thats all !! Thank you for you help
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login