Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heater stays on even when I say off (ramps, tonokip, repsnapper)

Posted by letsburn00 
Heater stays on even when I say off (ramps, tonokip, repsnapper)
May 06, 2011 02:17AM
Hey everyone

I'm making the big jump from Gen3/repg to RAMPS/repsnapper to make producing full kits more efficient on one of my prusa machines . I've found during testing that if I heat up my extruder in repsnapper it's all fine. But then when I turn the extruder heater off, it doesn't cool down properly, it drops to about 125C and just sits there, but if I physically detach the heater wires from the board the tempererature drops like normal but if I hook them back up then it will heat up again to 125C. I'm using the most recent tonokip firmware with PID turned on. Any ideas where the problem might reside.

Thanks

-Peter H
Re: Heater stays on even when I say off (ramps, tonokip, repsnapper)
May 06, 2011 10:39AM
That is weird... I know that if you start the heating process, it won't stop at all even if you ask it to stop, until it actually get to the temperature of the first command. Your problem is a bit different. Maybe you Mosfet is broken.
You can try to switch the extruder to another port/mosfet and change the pin in the firmware and try again.
May 06, 2011 07:05PM
It sounds to me like you don't have a thermistor installed. Is that correct? If so, then your problem will be solved by adding a thermistor. I don't know how one would bypass this requirement though...
May 07, 2011 06:35PM
HI..

In repsnapper "END" Gcode just check you have a M104 S0 this will trun off the heater once your print has finshed.
If you are using SF40 to slice and dice your STL then make sure you have Turn extruder at shut down, you will find that in craft/preface at the bottom.

Auzze

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2011 06:38PM by Auzze.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login