Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

problems for starting

Posted by Tiboter 
problems for starting
May 11, 2011 11:22PM
hi, I'm new to this forum, and sorry for my english, I'm french...

So I need your help for my ramps electronic, I build my first reprap (huxley) and it's really fun!
But, I have a problem now, I build a ramps kit from xyzprintes (same as ultimachine) I put it on an arduino 2560, I load Tesla893's tonokit firmware on it, no problem, but after that ? my steppers are wired, mechanicals endstop as well, but nothing move, steppers just move a little when I power the board and that's all.

also,I can't connet to repsnapper (OSX and winXP)

I think of this probleme all the day it's drive me crasy! Can you help me ? I hope that you understand me.

thanks for all .eye rolling smiley
VDX
Re: problems for starting
May 12, 2011 02:03AM
Hi Tiboter,

check if you have selected the right motherboard type - maybe you have to rearrange your pin assignment in "pins.h" ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
May 12, 2011 02:30AM
thank you for your rapid answer!

-I have selected arduino 2560 in arduino software but not in repsapper because I dont found any way to select it...

-my pin assignment is for V1.1 and later. (I have 1.2)

what appends when all is ok ? steppers runs ? or nothing appends without a printing order from repsnapper ?
May 12, 2011 11:00AM
When you open repsnapper check the bitrate. It need to be the same as the firmware... My guess is 115200
May 12, 2011 11:21AM
1. To make troubleshooting simple, you will need to disable hardware endstops in the firmware, and re-flash the Arduino.

The reason for this is that improper configuration of the endstops is one of the most common causes for axes not moving. Disable the hardware endstops in Tesla893's tonokit firmware by editing the file configuration.h and changing the lines that read

const bool x_min_hardware = true;
const bool y_min_hardware = true;
const bool z_min_hardware = true;

to

const bool x_min_hardware = false;
const bool y_min_hardware = false;
const bool z_min_hardware = false;

2. Lets reset the Pololu Driver Modules Current on all Axes.

Counter-Clock-Wise (CCW) is lower, Clock-Wise is Higher. You want to turn all the drivers CCW until the flat part of the POT is at the South-West position (7:30 on the clock face). From there, turn it 1/8 of a turn to the West position (9:00 on the clock).

3. In RepSnapper, connect to the printer, and try moving the axis manually using the +10 -10 buttons, and observe what happens.

4. If there are still problems, post you configuration.h file here, and I'll look over it.
May 12, 2011 12:48PM
Perfect! I can run motors from repsnapper!

Thank you so mutch for your help!

I'll continue in this way!

thanks to every body!
May 21, 2011 07:25PM
Thanks jcabrer, that allowed me to move my axes both directions! So...does that mean that my optos are hooked up wrong?

All of the LEDs turn on when I stick something inside the opto, so that means none of them are broken, right? If they're not broken, but they're not telling the electronics what it needs to know, does that mean that one of the wires is hooked up to the wrong pin? I'm using RAMPS so I had to switch two of the wires. It seems like the + and - wires would have to be correct for the LED to light up, and that only leaves the Signal pin so it couldn't be in the wrong place.

If everything is working correctly, will the control panel in RepSnapper allow you to move the axes anywhere you want as long as they don't hit an endstop?

In terms of troubleshooting, if one axis is screwed up it won't affect the other axes, right? So I should be able to troubleshoot one axis until I get it working, and then apply the same fix to all the others.
May 22, 2011 09:11AM
post your configuration.h file here, and I'll point out what you need to change.

The LED lights are working, so the wiring for the optos is fine.
June 07, 2011 10:25PM
Yeah...all I had to do was invert the endstops in the firmware...now I know... smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login