Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Error: printer halted. kill (Make noise)

Posted by Abdul Mannan 
Error: printer halted. kill (Make noise)
December 26, 2018 07:23PM
Hello, a few days ago I had assembled a 3d printer using Ramp 1.4 and Arduino Mega 2560. After installing Marlin firmware, I had opened pronterface and tried to move X,Y or Z axis but it make noise and doesn't move. I had not install heated bed yet but hotend is working fine. When I click X,Y or Z homing it gives an [ERROR] Error printer halted. kill() called!. All the endstop is opened but not triggered. Copy of the firmware is also attached. I hope if anyone can help me out. Thank you
Attachments:
open | download - Marlin.txt (143.6 KB)
Re: Error: printer halted. kill (Make noise)
December 27, 2018 10:36AM
Make sure you have fitted the 3 jumper links under each stepper driver pcb.

Allso in the configuration.h you will need to change the max feedrate for Z

-#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE { 300, 300, 5, 25 }

change the above to

#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE { 300, 300, 2, 25 }

then re upload the firmware to the mega followed by sending the following commands in pronteface
M502
M500
December 27, 2018 04:32PM
Are you sure that your stepper cables are wired correctly? Wrong stepper cabling may cause the same symptoms you experience...
December 28, 2018 01:16AM
Thanks a lot. I had forget Jumper to put. Now X, Y, and Z axis are working fine but now the Extruder stepper motor is not responding. I had check the stepper motor by pluging into x axis place, It works but when I put x-axis stepper motor in the place of extruder on ramp 1.4 it doesn't works. I had also tested the stepper driver but that is also fine. In extruder I had also plug in jumpers so that not the problem. So If anyone can help me out.
December 28, 2018 02:09AM
Extruder will not move if hot end is not hot. Unless you tell it its ok to extrude cold with M302 S0 ; always allow extrusion (disable checking)
January 09, 2019 01:11PM
Sorry for the late reply. Thanks the problem got resolved. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login