Strange problem with Z axis
January 01, 2019 10:19PM
Finished replacing the mainboard of my Malyan M150 with a RAMPS 1.4 after the former burnt out, followed the guides etc. Everything seems to be working ok, with all axis' homing properly like they did originally by hitting the min stops and backing off. However, when attempting to print, the Z axis motors move the extruder downwards for each layer instead of upwards. Really scratching my head on what is causing this, can anyone help please?
Re: Strange problem with Z axis
January 01, 2019 11:01PM
your Z direction of moment is wrong and your Z homing direction is wrong.

Set your z homing direction to -1 and flip your Z stepper motor plugs to reverse their direction.
January 02, 2019 04:22PM
Thanks, but the z homing direction was already set at "-1". Should I set it to "1" and flip the plugs?
January 04, 2019 01:28PM
Mikor
Thanks, but the z homing direction was already set at "-1". Should I set it to "1" and flip the plugs?

That would be correct. Also, instead of reversing the plug you can change INVERT_Z_DIR in Configuration.h (assuming you're running Marlin).
January 04, 2019 10:31PM
Ok, changed that, but doesn't seem to have fixed anything and now the left Z motor won't move, just kind of shuddering in place with the right motor doing the same previous reversed motion and now it won't read the SD card even though it detects it inserted/removed sad smiley

Attached my Conifguration.h, hopefully it sheds light on a problem/issue I may have missed
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (72.2 KB)
January 04, 2019 11:56PM
It sounds like you have a broken wire on you Z stepper or driver
January 18, 2019 12:33PM
Seems it has fixed itself somehow, but having problems with the D9 socket for my printed parts fan. There is no voltage coming out of it at all, even though I have selected the "EFB" config, and both the extruder and bed sockets work fine. This has shown up on 3 different boards, could it be the Mega board that's the problem, and could someone check my configuration.h to see if I've missed anything please?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login