Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sdramps

Posted by Shank man 
Sdramps
January 15, 2019 03:17PM
Is there anyway to print directly from a Sdramps? I prefer to print untethered from a PC. I can see and select a file on the card when I'm in Repetier host but if I disconnect the PC it kills the print. I was hoping I could turn on the printer and have it load the file and start the print. I would only have one file on the SD card. I usually use a smart controller but have been having EMI problems since relocating all of my electronics to the base of the printer.
Re: Sdramps
January 15, 2019 08:13PM
I wrap my LCD Cables in Blue Painters Tape individually to give them a covering before applying Aluminum Foil Duct Tape on each wire.
This is then Aluminum Foil Duct Taped to the 3D Printers 2020 Aluminum frame and grounded on each side.

This has worked very well on both my 3D Printer with EFI problems.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
January 16, 2019 05:46AM
Roberts_Clif
I wrap my LCD Cables in Blue Painters Tape individually to give them a covering before applying Aluminum Foil Duct Tape on each wire.
This is then Aluminum Foil Duct Taped to the 3D Printers 2020 Aluminum frame and grounded on each side.

This has worked very well on both my 3D Printer with EFI problems.

Thanks, I'll give this a try
January 16, 2019 07:49AM
If this does not work and you decide to remove the Aluminum Foil Duct Tape. The Blue tape will allow you to easily remove the stickier Aluminum Foil Duct Tape.
I tried without the blue tape and could almost not get the Aluminum Foil Duct Tape off, when I reroute the cables, moving my LCD to a different location on my 3D Printer.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login