Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RAMPS 1.5 - Z-Axis won't go down

Posted by JoeK1973 
RAMPS 1.5 - Z-Axis won't go down
May 07, 2019 05:11AM
Hi all,

As the title of the thread suggests, I'm having trouble getting the Z-Axis to move down. When I try to move the Z axis it will move up. This is a brand new board, and I've also upgraded the firmware to Marlin 1.1.9 as well (probably a mistake to do it at the same time lol).

I can't work out whether this is related to the board or Marlin. I have a good idea of what I'm doing - I built the machine last year and have upgraded it fairly regularly, but changing the RAMPS board and coming across this issue has stumped me.

It's not:

1. Z endstop issues. The sensor shows on M119 as being open and triggered correctly.

It may be:

1. The RAMPS board. I changed my Y-motor to the Z-axis output and it would only go in one direction also. (X and Y work fine by the way normally).

Has anyone else had similar issues?

P.S. I've ordered another 1.4 RAMPS as that was what I had previously, and also a 1.6 (because why not lol).

Cheers

Joe

JK3D Blog - [jk3d.wordpress.com]
Re: RAMPS 1.5 - Z-Axis won't go down
May 07, 2019 05:31AM
Since you say the endstop works

check you Z max feedrate, if this is to high it can do this.
May 07, 2019 05:57AM
Dust
Since you say the endstop works

check you Z max feedrate, if this is to high it can do this.

Thanks, Dust, I'll check this tonight. Although I'm pretty sure I set it to 2 as per my previous RAMPS board settings. Will confirm.

JK3D Blog - [jk3d.wordpress.com]
May 07, 2019 09:13AM
If you have to lower your feedrate to absurd low amounts you can also try to up the stepper driver power with the potentiometer. I've had this.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login