Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

problems with my setup

Posted by Con-1025 
problems with my setup
September 04, 2019 06:24PM
I've been working on a hypercube 3D printer for a little while now and I have many problems, I have a ramps 1.4 sheild with an arduino. I have 2 z axis motors. and a full graphic smart controller from ZYLtech.

My first problem is that the display doesn't turn on unless I have the USB plugged in, as soon as I unplug it the display turns off. also the display gets significantly dimmer when the 12v power is turned on.

My second problem is that the motors do not spin at all, I have tried the ldc control, Pronterface , and uploading G code. When I tell them to move the display says that they changed position, but they never moved.

My third problem is that the endstops only recieve power when the USB is plugged in, just like the display.

Hopefully I gave enough information for some advice!
Re: problems with my setup
September 04, 2019 06:27PM
you have killed the 5v regulator on the mega

The ramps/mega does not have enough current for this display.
When USB is connected it gets 5v power from USB
September 04, 2019 08:33PM
thanks for the advice, I have emailed Zyltech because I bought the electronics in a kit from them.
September 05, 2019 02:01PM
would that be the cause of the motors not moving also?
September 05, 2019 08:47PM
Many possible causes

1) You need 12v on the 12v 5a plug and you do need 5v (so in your case with a damaged 5v regulator make sure the usb cable is plugged in.)
2) You need stepper drivers installed and in the correct way.
3) You need 3 microstepping jumpers under each stepper driver.
4) You need the correct MOTHERBOARD set in your firmware (eg BOARD_RAMPS_EFB )
5) You need working endstops (test what the controller sees with M119 command)
6) You need the stepper motors plugged in correctly (each stepper is two coils, coil A should be on pins 1 and 2, coil B should be on pins 3 and 4)
7) You need to set the current limit on each stepper driver. (exactly how depends on what drivers you have)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2019 09:24PM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login