Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap Full Graphics Display

Posted by loesch 
RepRap Full Graphics Display
July 04, 2020 10:07AM
I purchased a graphics display from 3DMakerWorld (thru Amazon) because they were a US manufacturer and their boards should be better than the cheaper Chinese clones. The printer it was purchased for is a Raise3D N2 Dual. Their Motion Controller Board is an open source board running Marlin. I had heard about the problems others had with some of the clones having their cable sockets installed with the key on the wrong side. I figured I didn't want to have to deal with that.

Well, it didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped. The display board would not boot up. I tried the "reverse the cable orientation" trick with no luck, both with and without the Exp2 cable plugged in. I checked and rechecked everything I could think of with no luck. In desperation (before deciding on whether or not to return the board) I decided to try swapping the Exp1 and Exp2 cables hoping that I wouldn't damage anything (fingers crossed). I plugged Exp1 from the MCB to Exp2 on the display board and Exp2 from the MCB to Exp1 on the display board. Wallah! The board came to life and booted up fine. I sent a note to the manufacturer asking if it was possible that the silk screening was incorrect. Will let you know if I get a reply.

Regardless, I now have a working graphics display board. I need to get longer ribbon cables to route them out of the MCB enclosure (thru the bottom opening) and also to decide where to mount it for ease of use. Will be drafting up an enclosure in Solidworks to 3D print.

P.S. I tried to attach a 2.4MB JPG of the Raise3D MCB showing the labeling of the connectors but this forum kept saying it was too large even though the per file limit is 8MB.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login