Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2 Rows of blocks ramps 1.4 reprap discount smart controller Marlin

Posted by Francesco004 
2 Rows of blocks ramps 1.4 reprap discount smart controller Marlin
October 10, 2020 03:42AM
Ho everyone,i have a problem with reprap discoint smart controller(the one with a red pcb),controlled by Marlin and connected to ramsp 1.4 and arduino mega 2560 through an adapter cable.
I changed the define line related to reprap discount smart controer in Marlin configurations,but the lcd only shows 2 blocks of lines,i also tried to flip the cables and to switch them but nothing.Pls help me,thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2020 03:42AM by Francesco004.
Re: 2 Rows of blocks ramps 1.4 reprap discount smart controller Marlin
October 10, 2020 07:27AM
Some of the reprap discount smart controllers have a contrast control on the back. try to adjust this control.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
October 11, 2020 06:07AM
i tried to adjust the contrast control but nothing appears,i wonder if the controller i buyed is not original?The one i buyed is this:
[it.aliexpress.com]

Maybe the connectors must be flipped but i tried everything and nothing changed
October 11, 2020 06:21AM
Try [github.com]

no configuration needed... It just works.

If you got the LCD adapter with the LCD it should not need rotated.

Make sure the LCD adapter is on correctly, is easy plug in 1 row to high or low.

Also check you have EXP1 on LCD to EXP1 on ramps LCD adapter and EXP2 on LCD going to EXP2 on ramps LCD adapter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2020 06:26AM by Dust.
October 11, 2020 07:54AM
I purchased this Bigtree reprap smart discount controller and found that its connectors were keyed wrong for My Hictop 3DP11 controller.

I have two smart displays attached and the keys are on the opposite side of the connector, After changing the connector wiring the controller worked.

Keyed bottom

This bottom display is my original and the top is the one that I rotated the cable pins.

Bottom Display is Keyed Top

When I took the photo wanted to show the keyed connector of both displays as you can see only bottom key is visible.

And the Top display has the new cable with the rotated connector.
This was what happened on my Hictop 3dp11/12 do not know if this is the same problem you are experiencing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2020 07:56AM by Roberts_Clif.

October 11, 2020 09:17AM
Forgot to mention - the Plastic connector housing will slide up then can be pressed back on rotated 180 degrees.

To test you can very carefully put the connector in rotated shown in photo below.

without rotating housing plug connector in

With rotating housings this is what I did on Adruino mega 2560 with Ramps 1.6 and the Bigtree.Com display to get my MPCNC working.

If needed will post video of unit working with inverted connector housings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2020 09:19AM by Roberts_Clif.

October 11, 2020 02:26PM
Thanks for your answer,i have few questions.As I can see only the exp2 connector on the lcd must be rotated,while exp1 connector must be plugged in the normal way,is that right?The second question is,no rotation is needed for the connectors on the adapter?Moreover,i am not sure of which of the 2 connectors on the adapter for the ramps is exp1 or exp2.If you can post some photos or a video of the wirings it would be really helpful,thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2020 02:30PM by Francesco004.
October 11, 2020 04:41PM
Francesco004
Thanks for your answer,i have few questions.As I can see only the exp2 connector on the lcd must be rotated,while exp1 connector must be plugged in the normal way,is that right?The second question is,no rotation is needed for the connectors on the adapter?Moreover,i am not sure of which of the 2 connectors on the adapter for the ramps is exp1 or exp2.If you can post some photos or a video of the wirings it would be really helpful,thanks!
It depends on the breakout board that you have and it usually is printed on the PCB. Anyway, this is for the reprapdiscount board:
[www.thingiverse.com]

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
October 11, 2020 09:38PM
Ohmarinus
It depends on the breakout board that you have and it usually is printed on the PCB. Anyway, this is for the reprapdiscount board:
[www.thingiverse.com]

I rotated both connectors on My Big-tree.com to make it work correctly.
I have a PCB that looks like the one Ohmarinus posted, do not know if it is exactly the same...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2020 09:40PM by Roberts_Clif.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login