Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Six years after I built my 3D printer have a newbie question about Ramps 1,4

Posted by veteran54 
Six years after I built my 3D printer have a newbie question about Ramps 1,4
December 05, 2020 09:27PM
Hello friends,
I subscribed to this forum in November 2014 and with the help of the good guys that I found here, built from "scratch" one of my two 3D printers: a Prusa Mendel I3 with Arduino and RAMPS 1.4. All this time I believed that the fan connected to D9 was active only when the printer was making delicate or detailed parts like bridges or steep angles that needed to become colder and harder before the new layer was coming on top of the last one. My assumption was that the slic3r elaborated the G code considering the activation of such a fan so the extrusion itself did not mess up very detailed jobs.

Now, I am in the middle of replacing the extrusion cooler fan and after reading some old posts this question came to my mind.

Does anybody have any insight into this? I'm just a maker, not a programmer.

Thank you,
Victor

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2020 09:28PM by veteran54.
Re: Six years after I built my 3D printer have a newbie question about Ramps 1,4
December 05, 2020 09:58PM
There is no question here...
Re: Six years after I built my 3D printer have a newbie question about Ramps 1,4
December 06, 2020 07:19AM
Hello Victor

The fan can be controlled by the firmware depending on your version of firmware. Would base how the fan is controlled.

The newer versions of Marlin has the ability to control multiple fans on my Marlin 2.0.6.1 Firmware I can use the LCD or startup G-Code to set the different Fans Speeds,

As to what your question will be, the answer would depend on the Firmware.

[marlinfw.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2020 07:20AM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login