Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

can't figure out marlin settings for wilsonII printer

Posted by haroldj 
can't figure out marlin settings for wilsonII printer
February 10, 2021 10:23PM
Hi all, I recently retired and had a project from a few years ago started, a Wilson II 3d printer by Marty Rice. Files are still on github. This printer is 200 x 300 and uses a rack and pinion setup to move a switch into position to level the bed. The x axis is supposed to move left to extend the arm and then move right to retract the arm. I assembled the printer and searched forever for firmware for it. I got a copy from githubs page for the printer but I have other issues now. I can use repetier to move the axis in the correct directions, but when I try to home any axis all that happens is the z axis moves up until I cut power. I have the reprapdiscount smart controller and the lcd says homeswitch hit when I manually actuate the switches so I assume they are wired correct. The configuration.h only has a choice for ramps1.3 and I have a ramps 1.4, could this be the problem? I am no good at adding code to marlin and am lost. Can anyone here try to help me get this machine working?
I am attaching the config.h file.
Attachments:
open | download - wilsonIIConfiguration (41.1 KB)
Re: can't figure out marlin settings for wilsonII printer
February 11, 2021 12:11AM
BOARD_RAMPS_13_EFB and BOARD_RAMPS_14_EFB only differ in the servo pin, so no that is not the issue
February 11, 2021 12:45AM
Great, thanks. One thing I failed to mention is that if the print head is not in the home position when I turn it on, it says that is 0,0,0. I can move positive, but then only back negative to that point. It is the same for all axis.
February 11, 2021 01:18AM
That is normal.

Until you home the axis it thinks power on position is home.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login