Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Timeout when uploading to CR-10 S5

Posted by sxrguyinma 
Timeout when uploading to CR-10 S5
January 23, 2022 12:10PM
Hey guys, I'm upgrading my CR-10S5 to Marlin 2.0. I got it all configured and it uploaded no problem. Then I went to use the UBL and realized I didn't uncomment the line for the BLTouch. So I went it and did that and also uncommented the Z_Safe_home and went to upload. It compiled fine and then connected and read the bootloader just fine and now I get nothing but "avrdude: stk500v2_RecieveMessage(): timeout" and "avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer.

Nothing moved or changed between the first successful upload ava the second that now won't connect. I cancelled the task (using VS Studio with PlatformIO) and now the LCD on the controller is just all black. How can I get this fixed? TIA
Re: Timeout when uploading to CR-10 S5
January 23, 2022 01:18PM
Ok so I was able to upload the TH3D firmware with the Arduino IDE and it worked fine. The only problem is that there is no UBL setup in the TH3D firmware, only bilinear.

If I try uploading marlin 2.0 from the Arduino IDE it gives me errors related to the board. It says "error compiling for board Arduino mega 2560" using Arduino 1.8.5

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2022 01:19PM by sxrguyinma.
Re: Timeout when uploading to CR-10 S5
January 23, 2022 02:01PM
Ok so I found that Tiny Machines offers firmware that supports UBL. Only problem is there's a bunch of different ones with different abbreviations and zero explanation as to what those abbreviations mean.

Insanityautomation.com/Firmware/Creality/DW477

I assume I want the "S5" as this is a CR-10 S5 and so I would think I'd want " S5_BLT_UBL" but then I'm lost. The options are:

_DW7.4.4
_LR_DW7.4.4
_MC_DW7.4.4
_MC_NF_DW7.4.4
_ME_DW7.4.4
_ME_NF_DW7.4.4
_NF_DW7.4.4
_NF_LR_DW7.4.4

Does anyone have any idea what these abbreviations mean?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login