Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X / Y Homing fails ONLY using LCD (endstops / directions OK)

Posted by summetj 
X / Y Homing fails ONLY using LCD (endstops / directions OK)
November 08, 2022 10:30PM
I've got a MTW MiniMax that used to be running Marlin 1.1.0 with a generic (Chinese knockoff) REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER.

Everything used to work correctly with 1.1.0.

I'm in the process of upgrading to Marlin 2.1.1. New firmware flashed, logo appears on LCD.

Realized this post is more appropriate in the Marlin firmware area, so posted it there instead: [reprap.org]

Can't figure out how to delete it here....

Original message:

Using the LCD I can manually move the X / Y and Z axis in the correct direction (MIN is towards zero) towards my endstops. M119 from Pronterface shows that the endstops trigger when I push them correctly, etc...

I can successfully home the Z axis from the LCD, works great.

If I try to home the X or Y axis, it hits (and triggers) the MIN endstop, but does not stop moving the SERVO! (I have to remove power).

If I unplug the LCD screen and use Pronterface....everything works great, X/Y and Z homing all work great! (But the AutoHOME or individual axis HOME on the LCD don't work, they go towards the min endstops, and they keep going for
X and Y (but do home Z correctly).

The home direction of all three axis is set to MIN, and servos drive them in the right direction with zero towards the endstops.

So my question is....homing from Pronterface works great....but not the LCD...what configuration setting do I need to tweak to make that work correctly?

Thanks,
Jay

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2022 06:19AM by summetj.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login