Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printer hot end running away !

Posted by zurferjoe 
Printer hot end running away !
November 16, 2022 01:31PM
My printer a German RepRap Protos V3 has always beeen reliable ! And then !! The hot end switches itself on when I power up , without a command ! then rushes up to 360 degrees loads of smoke etc etc ! I have replaced the thermistor , same . I have replaced the 1.4 ramps board and another thermistor same ! Any ides what happening ? Hope so .
VDX
Re: Printer hot end running away !
November 16, 2022 02:37PM
... check the MOSFET, if its working ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
November 16, 2022 05:23PM
Unplug the hotend heater from D10 and Stick a multimeter into both D10 pins. (do not use another gnd pin, must use gnd pin on D10)

check for 12v, if its there at power up the issue is with ramps/mega

If its not there. check for shorts to gnd on the heater wires (remember that ramps switches the gnd wire, so any short to gnd will turn on the hotend)
A common failure of hotends is the thermistor wires (in this case gnd) short to the heater block. The heater cartridge also shorts to the heater block causing power to flow.

So check for continuity from both hotend heater wires to the heater block and both thermistor wires to the heater block.
November 17, 2022 03:10PM
Rerouted the hotend cables off the Mosfet then noticed this sender cable !!! Yup it the little things in life !! Thanks for the clue !!
Attachments:
open | download - cable shit 2.jpg (115.6 KB)
open | download - cable shit.jpg 1.jpg (115.1 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login