Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I need help with RAMPS 1.3

Posted by Adriano 
Re: I need help with RAMPS 1.3
July 21, 2011 06:46PM
@nophead and brnrd:

While all this is true, the pulley diameter is only approximate, if printed as opposed to a machined metal part, so everybody's will be slightly different. Am I right?
July 22, 2011 02:41AM
The pulley diameter has no effect on the steps per mm unless it is so far out the belt skips teeth. The only variable is the exact belt pitch, which must vary a little depending on how much it is stretched.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
July 22, 2011 08:28PM
That's not entirely accurate. Diameter does in fact affect distance moved because the belt is not a rigid body. This is why pulleys can be slightly irregular (bigger, smaller, warped) and still work without skipping teeth.

You could also add or subtract a tooth from the pully, effectively changing the diameter, and the distance traveled, without skipping teeth.
July 23, 2011 02:31AM

Diameter does in fact affect distance moved because the belt is not a rigid body.

No it doesn't. The belt may distort as it passes round the pulley but the fact remains that if an 8 tooth pulley rotates N revolutions the distance travelled will be 8N times the undistorted belt pitch.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
July 23, 2011 09:10AM
Ok. I can see that I'm going to have to post a video to convince youeye popping smiley
July 24, 2011 12:36AM
Nophead is 100% correct, as long as you aren't jumping teeth

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
September 17, 2011 02:40PM
hello

im new to this beautifull thing

i was trying to install my firmware but its seems that there is a faw way to do it .
im not sure what im doing i was trying what describes here but when im trying to connect to rapsanpper nothing happend
what now pleaseee help
i have windows 7 ramp1.3 when im burning the firmware 3 leds are flashing , how do i know that the firmware is installed on my atom 2560
thank you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login