Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Two Flashes

Posted by camblonie 
Two Flashes
July 24, 2011 12:24PM
Hello all,

I just built up a 1.3 with an Ultimaker board and the Mouser BOM from the Wiki. I'm still building up the machine but I wanted to try out a motor. I loaded the latest Sprinter code and modified the config for 1.3. When I load up repsnapper, chose the COM and set the Baud it still fails to connect to the RAMPS. I see the Arduino is powered on but the light on the RAMPS shield blinks twice as I press the connect button then nothing. The motor energizes (holding) for about 1 second before dropping. Any advice? I'm not looking forward to prying this thing apart to check for shorts.
Thanks, Scott
Attachments:
open | download - RAMPS 1.3 SSC.JPG (522.3 KB)
Re: Two Flashes
July 24, 2011 01:12PM
That sounds normal to me. The initial connection causes all motors to engage momentarily, and then they go idle until a move command is set. Did you try sending jog commands?
July 24, 2011 02:10PM
I have tried to Jog the motors with no result. Shouldn't the light on the board stay lit and also the light in RepSnapper for connect to printer? They both go out after a short second or two. Also i see in the interactive window that "connection attempt timed out" after 5 seconds. There are no jumpers required on the Arduino Mega board are there?
July 25, 2011 01:34AM
Double-check your baud rate - by default, Sprinter uses 115200 baud.
July 25, 2011 05:09PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I set the baud to 115200. It appears to be touchy because i can get it to jog then after a short time it stops responding, even though i see the code sent and appear to be received ok. Once its messed up i need to disconnect and restart RepSnapper to get reconnected. I'm going to try Skeinforge and see what i get. Another point of interest is that it wont jog in the negative which is suspicious since I setup for limit switches not opto's. Maybe I didn't load the firmware right...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login