Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RAMPS 1.3; Sprinter and Arduino 22 compiling

Posted by mc_n_g 
RAMPS 1.3; Sprinter and Arduino 22 compiling
August 10, 2011 07:07PM
I may be wrong here and please correct me if I am wrong.
From what I can see I can use the Sprinter.pde file (from Github) to compile the firmware for my RAMPS 1.3 and send it to the Arduino Mega.
I do not have a system set up for Ubuntu and trying to use what I have.
I have a separate compiler dedicated to Microchip PICs but that is something completely different.
I am not running anything out of the ordinary for the RAMPS 1.3. Parts are as referenced on the wiki page.
100k thermistor etc.
The only change I may have is SAE 5/16-18 threaded rod but that is just division factor of 25.4 and can be calculated.

I am leaning towards Skeinforge but is there a general preference to other such as Repsnapper?
Re: RAMPS 1.3; Sprinter and Arduino 22 compiling
August 11, 2011 02:21AM
This is open source, general preferences are not available winking smiley

I am still running the FiveD code from reprap and skeinforge. I am looking into sprinter however because of the SD RAMPS. You just need Arduino software arduino.cc to upload your firmware. This will also work on Windows.

reprapworld.com
PLA, ABS, PETG multiple colors (3 and 1.75 mm) €16,49 / kg
Megatronics 3.0 €79.99 / Minitronics €37,19
Re: RAMPS 1.3; Sprinter and Arduino 22 compiling
August 11, 2011 03:24PM
Status update.

Had no problems compiling the sprinter.pde file under Arduino 0022 package after I made some changes to the pins etc. Most of teh changes are identified in each of the header files. An extra thanks to Kliment, Caru and Tonokip for the documentation within the files in Github!!!

Had a positive connection with control through Repsnapper of one motor (I only hooked up one for initial test).
Had reading on the thermistors and voltage on the outputs. Motor moved without any problems.

Configuration:
RAMPS 1.3
Arduino Mega 2560
Sprinter (as of 9 Aug 2011 build)
Repsnapper(as of 24 Feb 2011 build)
Kysan steppers 5.0 Kg-cm; size 17; 4.2V; 1.5A
Heated bed (alum plate) to be completed
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login