Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Portabee build

Posted by f3rDz 
Portabee build
April 09, 2013 09:09AM
I'm in the process of getting all the necessary items to make a portabee.

My electronics arrived last saturday. 1.4 ramps with lcd display and sd card memory module. heatbed that goes with it. wires and mechanical stops.

purchased the stepper motors last sunday. got a 6-lead type. have to test which wires are the half steps.

Tested the board and its shields last sunday. uploaded marlin and everything seems to be working. tested the stepper motors using the electronics. smiling smiley

got a message this morning from makerph that printed parts are ready for delivery. went to binondo to pick up rods and other vitamins. smiling smiley most stores were close. only 2 bearing suppliers were open. one cant give a price of linear bearings since his supplier is close daw. the other one quoted prices way off the roof tongue sticking out smiley 700-800 pesos for linear bearings sad smiley haha. might as well use drawer slides.

i'm thinking of using the power supply of an old desktop computer but it is too bulky for the build.

i was not able to purchase the hot ends from same electronics supplier in hk. have to find a local machine shop to do it. (u there metz? tongue sticking out smiley)

if everything goes well, i think i can assemble the frame and mount the motors and electronics by the week's end. (attention alizier grinning smiley)

i'm getting excited making the maiden prints by next week. hope i have no calibration issues smiling smiley smiling bouncing smiley
Re: Portabee build
April 10, 2013 09:02PM
Just drop me a pm if you need help with setting up and calibration . .or any questions arising from it . .will be happy to help . .
April 11, 2013 10:44AM
printed parts done by makerph delivered this pm. Big thanks! Tried to fit some rods. Fit is snug. just the way i want it smiling smiley i cant complain with the quality. it is soooo nice. smiling smiley

went to a precision machine shop for the hotend. prices are too high. 2k for machining the parts sad smiley should have bought ready made china module.

bought some nylon plastic to replace costly linear bearing.

will be out of town tomorrow. Excited to work on it this weekend.smoking smiley
April 30, 2013 06:35AM
finally assembled this enlarged portabee. smiling smiley

i was trying to ooze some filament from the extruder. seems like a .5mm hole is too small. the filament kept jamming inside the nozzle. i'm not printing yet. i just want to try out the extruder.

my nozzle has a 5mm entry hole down to 2mm just before the .5mm filament exit.

any ideas why its not properly extruding?
April 30, 2013 08:32AM
sir f3rDz i guest your extruder have no Teflon tube inside base ito sa pinakitamong files sakin,
Wala po prob. in .5mm hole on your nozzle, my nozzle have .4 mm hole at ok lang namanan.po. smoking smiley
April 30, 2013 10:04AM
may inilagay akong teflon tube (daw) pero mas nauna pang matunaw sa abs. which means its a fake teflon tube.
May 01, 2013 05:01AM
hi bj,

trimmed the 8mm teflon rod to 5 and bored a 2mm hole. problem solved.

pero yung resistor ko peaks at 235 degrees. have to wait for the cartridge heater. let's see if it will make a difference.

di ako natuloy sa mla to purchase teflon tube. holiday pala.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login