Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Contacts info for a get together

Posted by vizion 
Re: Contacts info for a get together
September 05, 2012 03:09AM
22/23rd is no good for me,

Im Visiting a Common Reprap Haunt (Ledbury) on Scout camp.

I suspect my machine is to frail, and late september will be to cool for me to join via a webcam from my mess tent

Rob

Join us at a regular West of England RepRap User Group event
For details, visit tiny.cc/woereprap or tiny.cc/woerug
September 05, 2012 03:30AM
I'm afraid I cant make it then either, its my daughters weddingsmileys with beer

Cheers

Nick

Using ABS Prusa Mendel from Indieflow (eMaker website) with Pronterface and slic3r (0.9.2) . Printing with 3mm PLA through home constructed J Head hotend and Wade Herring bone Geared Extruder. Sanguinolulu board running Marlin
September 05, 2012 11:59AM
I suppose that's a good enough excuse!

Congratulations.

ncibbit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm afraid I cant make it then either, its my
> daughters weddingsmileys with beer
>
> Cheers
>
> Nick

Using ABSPrusa Mendel Zaphod with Pronterface and slic3r 1.3.0. Printing well with 3mm PLA and ABS through 2 x J Head Mk IV b and Wade Geared Exruders. Controlled using RAMPS1.4 board running Marlin_v1.1.9
September 06, 2012 02:18AM
Not so good for either, we have the builders in on the Monday, so last weekend to prep for that.

Mike
September 06, 2012 05:30AM
Sorry September is really busy for me.

Mid to late October would suit better.

Cheers,
Hamish
September 06, 2012 10:16AM
Ditto Hamish,

October is best for me too :-)

When we do meet up i will hopefully have something to show you guys, I have secured permission from the inventor for us to use a device that gives you the accuracy and low friction of a ballscrew but at virtually no cost i.e we can print most of it - more on that latersmiling smiley

Cheers

Nick

Using ABS Prusa Mendel from Indieflow (eMaker website) with Pronterface and slic3r (0.9.2) . Printing with 3mm PLA through home constructed J Head hotend and Wade Herring bone Geared Extruder. Sanguinolulu board running Marlin
September 06, 2012 10:53AM
Sounds very interesting Nick!

Look forward to hearing/seeing more.

I've just finished changing/recalibrating from an Arcol V3 to a J-head IV-B (Many thanks to Rob for selling me his spare hotend and sorting out a new compatible extruder body.)

It sure lives up to all the good things said about it smiling smiley

I also updated all my firmware and started using Marlin's (autotuned) PID temp control - great once at temp but I'm finding it too slow at correcting the undershoot (as much as 20degC) which occurs when reducing temp for the second and subsequent layers. Any hints or suggestions appreciated. In the meantime I'll go and do some more reading up on PID control in general: http://electronicdesign.com/article/analog-and-mixed-signal/what-s-all-this-p-i-d-stuff-anyhow-6131

Cheers,
Hamish
September 06, 2012 11:04AM
Hi Hamish,

hope you get your temps sorted out soon , I've posted a new thread "Roller screw" [forums.reprap.org] which explains what its all about, its great that Mike has put this into the open source world, its got great potential.

Cheers

Nick

September 10, 2012 11:46AM
Now that the kids are back at school I can make a meeting early October (first two weeks). Any dates and places proposed yet?

[richrap.blogspot.com]
September 10, 2012 12:48PM
I will be available to host another meet down in Exeter some time in October, if there is interest.

I've also finally managed to get my website properly online, and I'm hoping to run workshops on a regular basis (not just for you guys, but for anyone in the local area.)

You can have a quick read about my finally live site over here: [forums.reprap.org] where there is a discount code for RepRappers.
September 10, 2012 02:20PM
I Rich, good to hear from you, following your web updates with interest.

Any time and place is Ok with me, during Oct sounds good (Not half term week !) If we cannot find a suitable meeting point, my club house in Newport is available should the group wish to use it.

Sunday is the best day to get the club house to ourselves

Where is the BEST place to fully understand ALL the various settings in Pronterface, Slic R3 and Arduino to suit various prints etc?

Thanks

Talk soon

Paul smileys with beer
auej43@dsl.pipex.com
September 23, 2012 05:39PM
I can book a hall for one afternoon in the weekend in October in Swindon. Parking may not be so easy but we can stop to load/unload. I'll find out availability and price and get back to you. There are loads of tables and power points. There's also a kitchen for teas/coffees and heating food.

Using ABSPrusa Mendel Zaphod with Pronterface and slic3r 1.3.0. Printing well with 3mm PLA and ABS through 2 x J Head Mk IV b and Wade Geared Exruders. Controlled using RAMPS1.4 board running Marlin_v1.1.9
September 25, 2012 01:16PM
That sounds good to me, please let me have some dates

Paul smileys with beer
September 25, 2012 01:34PM
Hi All,
I'm new to this thread, but met Hamish a few weeks ago. I have a working Huxley (and a not so working Mendel!). I live in south wales so any meetups in this area would be great. Newport / bristol / swindon also probably ok to get to. Cardiff hackspace might be worth considering too if more people are in this sort of area..

best wishes
September 28, 2012 12:38PM
hey everybody
im just starting to build a PRUSA hopefully by the end of October i should have the frame built and im going to be looking at next steps.
thinking of coming to one of these meetings hopefully to get some good advice but im going on my holls for most of October so its looking like end of October beginning November.
im in north Staffordshire anybody around this area?
cant wait to see one in action.
September 28, 2012 01:59PM
Hi suneil and jibajabaa,

Welcome along - and great to hear from you again Suneil. If you guys want to host an event as big or as small as you like - I'd suggest diving in and publishing a date.

To give you some idea, in the last year we've had meetings in peoples houses with 4 - 8 people, a business premises, café, Scout hall, and the Newport Model Engineering Society. 'Grab a date' seems to have worked pretty well and gets around the inertia of everyone choosing a mutually agreeable date. It may be that the date you propose isn't the best for the majority, or even a quorum, but I'm convinced that it helps everyone make a faster yes/no decision than asking people to put forward their availability. It might not be the best method long term, but I'd like to encourage it for a while yet. If anyone has other suggestions, lets discuss it.

The idea of collaborating with the Hackerspaces in the region is definitely a good one. Now that we're getting people associated with this group and their local Hackerspace, it would be useful if those bods could take it upon themselves to talk to their local Hackerspace, then share some details/meeting dates on this thread. I'm definitely up for getting involved.

Regarding food at events - I think it's vital smiling smiley But I'm also aware that the size of the group is growing and think we should begin reimbursing the event organiser's costs. Any thoughts?

I'd also be keen to return to Newport any time you want to arrange something Paul. Considering the space, facilities, and warm welcome we had there in August + the ease of getting there and it's central location, I'd have to give it my vote for best overall location.

Paul here's an interesting link the boys at the NMES might be interested in: http://3dtopo.com/lostPLA/index.html - Lost PLA Aluminium casting.

Nick - Looking forward to hearing a date for the Swindon event in October. smiling smiley

Cheers,
Hamish
October 04, 2012 08:22AM
Any news on a date for Swindon?

October is starting to fill up - I've just discovered the 3D printing show taking place in London 19 - 21 Oct. The 19th is a trade day, 20th and 21st are public days: 3dprintshow.com

Cheers,
Hamish
October 04, 2012 09:58AM
I Hamish

My Engineering club house is available if suitable on a Sunday

When you were in Newport last you were interested in what the club is all about, while THIS SATATADY 6th Oct from 11.30 am on there is a birthday bash at the club, if you or any of your family have young children and the travelling time is ok for you and your family are very welcome at the club, you children will have great fun on the steam trains and as my guest there is plenty of food (No Cost)

Any of our small group that where at the Newport meet are very welcome

Hamish can you forward this info to RICH, I know he got children

Email me with your email for Map

Paul smileys with beer
auej43@dsl.pipex.com
October 04, 2012 05:56PM
Sounds good Paul

Time and Work permitting i may try and visit smiling smiley

Rob

Join us at a regular West of England RepRap User Group event
For details, visit tiny.cc/woereprap or tiny.cc/woerug
October 29, 2012 03:21PM
Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a few weeks. It's annoying when life gets in the way of RepRap!

Anyway, we've pretty well run out of October and I'm already booked out for three weekends in November. I guess we are getting close to Christmas now.

My design and plans for my ABSPrusa Mendel Zaphod are well advanced. I have all the vitamins now and am in the process of printing parts. I've contacted several EU based suppliers of PVA and that's also looking hopeful. When I've got something more to show for it, I'll update my blog.

I don't think I'm going to get chance to organise a meet up until the new year. I doubt if I'm going to get chance to go to any one else's meetup at this rate.

November 06, 2012 10:12AM
It's been quite quiet in here recently! Time to change that.

I'm planning on organising a workshop down my way some time in the next few weeks. I've put the word out on the Devon users group to see if there is any interest there, but I'm wondering if anyone here would like to come down on a Saturday in a few weeks time to get some help with their printer.
November 06, 2012 10:36AM
Will come if I can, please let me have the date and times

Where would the meeting take place

thanks

Paul2d3db smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2012 10:38AM by Paul2d3d.
November 06, 2012 10:38AM
Paul, will do as soon as I have it!

It will most likely be Saturday 24th however. Times will be from around 10am to 7:30pm at the latest.

Edit: Realised you were asking where, as well as when. I should have said - it will be at my workshop in Exeter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2012 10:42AM by stewartstarbuck.
November 19, 2012 01:36PM
Did you get a date set for a meeting, what are the number like for the meet. The Reprap site has been slow during the last few weeks

Paul
November 19, 2012 01:54PM
Paul, the site has indeed been going very slowly recently.

My offer of this Saturday - the 24th - is still open. I'll be there regardless, but so far there hasn't been much interest.

Stewart.
November 19, 2012 06:20PM
Apologies for the silence from my end of late.

Unfortunately the 24th is out for me due work commitments. I should be back into a more stable work pattern by the new year.

Stewart, have you thought about advertising in your local newspaper's online what's-on guide? It usually free advertising for community events such as ours.

All the best,
Hamish
mmt
November 20, 2012 03:39PM
Stewart,

Sorry but a no from me too. Would have been bit of a hike for me, so likely a no anyway, but also we're on a kitchen rebuild.
project.

Mike
November 21, 2012 04:27AM
Hi Stewart,

again sorry- I cant make it either, I'm up to my eyes in it with work - actually using my Prusa for that in part.

All the best

Nick

November 21, 2012 05:50AM
No problems all. I will look to arrange one in the new year, when hopefully people have a bit more free time on their hands.

Hamish, that sounds a good idea, not something I had really thought about. I shall see what I can do for next time.
November 22, 2012 02:28PM
Hi Stewart

Very sorry, but the engineering Club I belong to as changed the date of an event we are running, thus I am sorry to say I cannot make Sat 24Nov

Let me know now the day went

Very Sorry

Paul
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login