Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Starting the Austin, TX self-repper group

Posted by kanzure 
Starting the Austin, TX self-repper group
February 24, 2008 12:54PM
Hi all,

I see that we do not have any posts in this section of the forum. I am located slightly south of Austin, and have been going up once or twice a month to meet with the local futurists. Many of my projects are based on self-replication, such as bacterial bootstrapping, and I think we could hit it off. Any takers?

- Bryan
Re: Starting the Austin, TX self-repper group
March 24, 2008 05:23PM
I'm here now in South Austin and dual homing in Canyon Lake. I'll be at next couple Jelly events [wiki.workatjelly.com]

And Also the Door64 tech meetup this Thursday.

Email me or contact on twitter: [twitter.com]
Anonymous User
April 30th RepRappers Meeting
April 18, 2008 11:47AM
Hello fellow fabber enthusiasts.

April 30th, we are having a Tech Night at Monkey Wrench Books. It will be a night of discussion and interaction with various cool tech stuff. This will be the first informal meeting for the ACTLab RepRap group, which will be attempting to assemble a RepRap over the summer for next semester's students to use, modify, and experiment with.

The ACTLab is a UT program teaching New Media, new technologies, and the art of making stuff.

More about the ACTLab: [www.actlab.utexas.edu]

Event Info for Tech Night at Monkey Wrench Books: [www.facebook.com]

I hope some other Austin RepRappers can make it and help us on the road to DIY fabbing!
September 23, 2008 12:42AM
Does the Austin self-repper group still exist?

How is the ACTLab reprap going or does it even exist?
October 14, 2008 03:25PM
I haven't heard much RepRap activity out of the ACTLab guys. I personally have demoed my out of date RepRap stuff a few times, but haven't had a lot of time.
I'd like to see any working extruder set up in Austin
August 19, 2009 10:52AM
I'm developing open hardware and software tools for research biologists and would like to be able to fab recycled HDPE or PP or PETE into low res housings for various radio sensornet modules.

John Griessen
I live over in Austin and started working towards a mendal a month ago. I have the axis motors, two motor controllers, ordered the hardware (nuts,botls,rods,studs,blets) from [www.mcmaster.com] but I still need to get the RepRapped parts from somewhere. If anyone finds a place to get them let me know, I can be reached at Michael.r.foster @ gmail.com. I am determined to get this built, so far the only hurdles I am worried about are the extruder, getting the RepRapped parts and time to work on it. Anyways shoot me an email if you would like to talk about it.

Also with as many views as there were for this thread, I am wondering if people are discussing their progress on another website. If there is one could someone let me know where that is?

Michael
Bryan Bishop
December 09, 2009 07:17PM
Michael - a lot of us are communicating over IRC and on some mailing lists. You're welcome to call me (512 203 0507) or email me to get the scoop.

[openmanufacturing.org]
[adl.serveftp.org]
lots of links to give smiling smiley

- Bryan
[heybryan.org]
December 09, 2009 07:29PM
You're ahead of me. Bryan (kanzure) told me a couple of locals to see
for demos of rep rap machines, but I have not done it.
I'm working on a goal of getting moldings in plastic, so not purely
wantinng a reprap of my own, (yet). I'll probably rig up some low pressure injection molding sooner than a rep rap.

John

PS the google group openmanufacturing@googlegroups.com has some talk,
but not purely reprap.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login