Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for RepRap near Dallas, Tx

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Looking for RepRap near Dallas, Tx
February 27, 2009 09:22AM
I'd like to get a machine built and running, any help on printed parts would be greatly appreciated.
I don't have one yet, sorry, but I'm also interested in getting some parts printed in the D/FW area (Arlington). If I find anyone, I'll contact you.

Bumping for possible find
another name in the hat for parts/machines in the north Texas area
Also looking for reprap in Dallas area (Plano/Richardson) otherwise I plan on trying my hand at a tommelise repstrap this summer since it seems to be the easiest/cheapest to build in an apartment (taking suggestions if anyone has a better idea smiling smiley ). Once I get that up and running I'll let y'all know and start running off parts
Count me in for one at well, here in Austin, TX
Yet another name in the hat from Dallas. Maybe we should get a group going...
i would like to build two in san antonio one for me and the other for my school and info would be helpful
I'm in the Little Elm area, also looking to get one of these machines going.
very interested in this. in the coppell area here.
Me too! I'm from Allen.
Re: Looking for RepRap near Dallas, Tx
August 15, 2009 01:23PM
I am looking too here in Poteet Texas. Any takers? I am in need of a setup.

Ken...
August 17, 2009 02:59AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2009 03:00AM by NewPerfection.
August 23, 2009 06:11PM
I'm in houston, still working on my repstrap but hopefully will be done soon, maybe i can hook you up once im finished...
August 23, 2009 06:12PM
And here is another post since i forgot to click follow thread and i dont know how to follow this without posting another message smiling smiley
August 23, 2009 06:15PM
I know a lot of people are looking for this in Texas. Hopefully some one can get one and pass the good fortune on. I know I will if I get one.

Ken...
Hey all. I'm in the Austin area and looking at picking up a reprap and I plan on providing parts, kits, and assemblies to the texas area, and beyond. I also have a design studio and shop so I want to add some design offerings.

I'd like to guage demand for parts, kits, or whole machines here in texas. Anyone interested in buying (please serious buyers only) send me an email with what you're looking for: a kit, parts, printed plans, or whole machines.

If it makes sense I'll pick up one, or two, and add them to my shop and start providing the items. I also can do 3D scanning and other developmental work to help in this area.

Look forward to seeing what's needed in texas. thnx
scottd.
Need Parts in Austin, TX
November 30, 2009 12:59AM
I'm looking for parts in Austin.
I'm working hard on finishing my "RepStrap" its a cubespawn mill!
once its Running I'll be able (and willing) to make darwin or mendel parts - I'm in San Antonio
I'm 1/2 way between Austin and Houston. Looking for parts. Starting at 0.
I live in Little Elm Texas, North of Dallas and between Frisco and Denton. Im am interested in having a Club in the area. Do not have a RepRap but interested in the concept.
September 23, 2012 04:20PM
I have a Makerbot Replicator and I'm in Dallas. I'll be willing to print the printable parts for 1 (one) Reprap Printrbot or Reprap Wallace for free if you'll promise to print the parts for free for 4 other people on this list and make those people promise to print out free parts for 4 people each. Reportedly, the Printrbot kits can be built in an hour and cost $399 while the Wallace can be built in a weekend as it is not a kit but built from self-sourced parts.

If you source parts and build it yourself, it might be cheaper but take you more time:
Reprap Wallace Open Source Instructions

Or you could just buy a kit for a Printrbot with all the parts in one box complete with detailed instructions and tech support from Brook Drumm:
http://printrbot.com/

If you get the kit from printrbot, then you wouldn't even need my printed parts. The kit is designed so that it doesn't need soldering. It reportedly can be built in an hour.

If you're willing to do the organizing, you could source the parts and negotiate a quantity discount for everyone on the list, then find a place big enough for everyone to assemble their bots together in one day as a "build party". If you'll do that, then I'm willing to print free parts for everyone on this list, but you must negotiate a quantity discount for the parts for the group. This can be "build party" for us to help each other out. Even if you're getting the Printrbot kit, it would help to be able to help each other out in the assembly process as I know that these things can get a bit tricky sometimes if you're going at it alone.

I am looking for a 2nd 3d printer for printing in pla. The inexpensive Printrbot or Wallace seems to fit the bill.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login