Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Irving

Posted by JMcGuire 
Irving
November 19, 2007 05:25PM
Can't believe that no one in Dallas has said anything yet. smiling smiley

I'd like to hear from anyone around the dallas area that's interested in reprap.
Gar
Re: Irving
December 03, 2007 07:56PM
I'm new to this as of today... but have a high level of interest. I'm in the Ft. Worth / Keller area.
December 13, 2007 02:54PM
I'm up in Denton, waiting for parts to come in so I can start building.
March 10, 2008 10:27PM
Hurst here- interested in getting involved.
March 13, 2008 03:55PM
I'm interested in building one of these machines, but am uncertain about purchasing parts. The best I can figure, we will end up spending around $1000 to build one if we source the parts from England. Has anyone looked at purchasing steppers, etc of the appropriate size from US sources?
March 13, 2008 03:56PM
Oh, BTW, I am in the SW Fort Worth area and am looking to collaborate with others who might be building this machine. Feel free to send me an email.
Anonymous User
April 29, 2008 06:14AM
Hello, my name is Daniel and I came across RepRap just a few hours ago via the MakeMagazine blog.
I'm from Euless which is south-southwest of DFW airport and north of Arlington.
I'm new to all this so I have a lot of catching-up to do.

~Daniel
June 06, 2008 11:21AM
Just came across the link for reprap.
It looks interesting - have not priced it yet but there is also a US based effort called fab@home, fabathome.org
Need to check the differences etc between the two machines.
Just looking at the pics, it seems reprap is a much simpler and easier machine than fab@home.
Keep me informed if you all are planning on working together to build one.
Panos
Anonymous User
June 17, 2008 01:24AM
Howdy all!

I live in the metroplex and have been following RepRap for about a year now. I'd be interested in a Dallas area user group.

As of now, I have all 3 stepper motor driver boards soldered and working. I'm pretty much done with the x and y axes of the McWire CNC. Gotta wait for the motors to be back in stock at the RepRap store before I can be completely finished. The extruder is going to be the difficult part for me. Hopefully once I am finished with the McWire CNC, it'll be a piece of cake to have it cut out the parts for an extruder.

Eventually I'm going to want to build a full blown RepRap Darwin, which I will probably need help with. It would be cool if we could find a public place with some work tables that we could all meet.

Message me if you're interested.
April 03, 2009 09:23AM
I guess I'm a bit surprised that this thread has been dormant for almost a year!

East of Denton - just discovered reprap, definitely interested in collaborating and sharing info. And when is the DFW area going to get a hackerspace already? Geeze.
July 22, 2009 06:19PM
There's two hackerspaces in Dallas, but both are $$$$ oriented and don't have anything except PCB-type stuff.

There's a few people from the DFW area that come into the #reprap IRC channel on FreeNode. Please join us.
January 26, 2010 02:03PM
Two hackerspaces in Dallas where? The DPRG (Dallas Personal Robotics Group) [dprg.org] needs a space and a hackerspace would be ideal.
Richardson
February 23, 2010 12:45AM
I want to build one. does anyone in the dallas area have a working one? I would really like to see one of these things working in real life.
WICHITA FALLS
March 19, 2010 11:28AM
Hey all,

my name is Chuck and been trolling the reprap scene for about 2 years now. Im in creation phase of my McWire cartesian robot at the moment. Everything is built and electronics are in, just working on software and arduino firmware uploads at the moment. Looking to hook up with any other reprappers in the dallas or wichita falls area for some projects or some parts fabrication for some full up mendel builds or designing a new custom CNC router/miller application.

For the McWire, I plan to mount a dremel to practice with some light wood routing and plan to eventually upgrade to an extruder setup to print out parts for a bigger more efficient machine. Is there anyone in Dallas with a working mendel or darwin? Hit me back at my email.

charleskilchrist at gmail dot com (written that way for spam protection purposes)

Thanks,

Chuck
April 01, 2010 03:14PM
I have started to work on my Maker Bot replica. I downloaded the files from the thingiverse and started laser cutting the panels. This has been a mess because the DXF files are not laser ready. So I have been joining node for the past few weeks.

I also have most of the belts, pulleys, screws, rods, bearings, etc. The extruder is on the works. I lathed the nozzle a few weeks ago. Have not tried melting ABS yet, though.

I have a set of electronics, but have not soldered the boards yet.

This is a lot of work project, so I hope this little guy WORKS! And the learning curve has been through the roof!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login