Willkommen! Anmelden Ein neues Profil erzeugen

Erweiterte Suche

Marlin, Fysect spider v1.1 and 6 motors

geschrieben von Nicf 
Marlin, Fysect spider v1.1 and 6 motors
19. February 2022 07:57
Hi all,
I am working at a custom application based on a Voron 3D printer. The application has no extrude and no hotplate, I want to control 6 motors (1x, 1y and 4z). At the moment I am able to control in the right way the movement for all axes, I tried to use the axis endstops and also the sensorless mode and all seems work well. My issue is the gantry planarity: If I send a G34 command the gantry moves in the right way and the procedure is close in the right way BUT the leveling check is done using only Z1 motors. I am looking for a way to control in single mode the 4 z motors. Is it possible to send a Gcode command that control only a Z motors? How can I set Marlin up in order to implement the gantry levelling using the 4z axis motors and relative endstops? Every advice is appreciated...
Re: Marlin, Fysect spider v1.1 and 6 motors
19. February 2022 15:42
Hello Nicf,

google translate is amazing, you landed in the german sub-forum without knowing it, no offense spinning smiley sticking its tongue out.

I am no Marlin-expert, but i believe, that there is only the option to use up to 3 Z-motors.
A plane is completely defined by 3 points, hence the 3 motors. It is very unusual to use 4 indipendet motors, because this technically WILL constrain your Printbed - especially when they are used one at a time.

What is your intend with this system?
Asking, because we may be able to give you other advice or point you in the right direction.

Greetings from stormy germany,
Julien

Wer rasiert mit mir KingKong? Der wichtigste Guide - Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide

Drucker:
CoreXY in 2502x300 - geschlossen & beheizt für ABS - Duet2WiFi - Eigenbau Wasserkühlung
Eigenbau I3 - V6-Clon- Profilrahmen - Ramps 1.4 24V - TMC2208 - Simplify3D - Octoprint - Marlin 1.1.8
23. February 2022 16:48
Hi Julien, you are right: landend here without knowing how.. smiling smiley But Marlin github liked this forum as reference! For sure here I can find good advises. I am working on a 3 axis system, something like a 3d printer with the hotplate fixed: the "extruder" must move in x,y and z. The system has 4 motors on z axis (imagine a cage and on the four angles of the base you have the motors), one for x axis and one for y. I want to send at the Spider board G-code commands in order to move the "extruder" inside the cage. I decided to use Marlin based on a previuos experience. The problem in this case is that I am not able to control the z motors in single mode and so I can not ensure the planarity of the gantry.
If you have some advice it is wellcome!
Tahnk you,
Nicola
24. February 2022 04:29
Hey Nicola,

my general advice would be either use all 4 motors on one Driver (or multiple drivers in parallel with the help of a cnc-shielt for ex.) or use just 3 indipended motors moving the carriage system.
In my printer, i use two motors on two drivers which are controlled in parallel - so only one Z-command from the Mainboard. I use TR10x2 spindels for driving my Buildplate. These are "self restraining" so that the Bed cannot be moved just by pushing on it - even a strong force cannot move this system.
Downside is, that i am limited in my Z-speed which doesn't matter in my printer that much. I manually leveled my buildplate about a year ago and never had any problems (i check on it every 4 weeks without any change).

What speeds do you intend to achive in Z-direction?

/Julien

Wer rasiert mit mir KingKong? Der wichtigste Guide - Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide

Drucker:
CoreXY in 2502x300 - geschlossen & beheizt für ABS - Duet2WiFi - Eigenbau Wasserkühlung
Eigenbau I3 - V6-Clon- Profilrahmen - Ramps 1.4 24V - TMC2208 - Simplify3D - Octoprint - Marlin 1.1.8
01. March 2022 15:59
Working with 4 motors on one driver does not allow to control them in single way. At the moment, using Marlin on the Spider board, I am able to control 4 different driver motors but all of them wih the same commands (so, it is like using the same driver for all motors). I tried to use G34 command in order to perform a planarity setup and this seems works well BUT with a single endstops, this is no what I need. I will check in the next weeks if this "planarity setup" is needed or if, like you said, is not a main problem and it could be performed with a manual setup sometimes during the maintainance.
In diesem Forum dürfen leider nur registrierte Teilnehmer schreiben.

Klicke hier, um Dich einzuloggen