Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Houston Progress in Late March?

Posted by RoundSparrow 
Houston Progress in Late March?
March 24, 2008 05:27PM
The entire Houston group seem to disintegrate.

Personally for me I thought RepRap was on the verge of accelerating into a lot more completed machines. But the results with the extruder and materials was pretty discouraging to me. But I haven't lost interest, mostly dealing with some personal matters.

I've now got a home office in South Austin and can host people for 3 days at a time. If you guys are interested, there is a LOT of networking going on here right now. I encourage you look at website like Door64

And I still have my place in Canyon Lake - but driving all the way to Houston is pretty rough. Just going Austin to Canyon Lake once a week scratches my travel itch.

[twitter.com]
Re: Houston Progress in Late March?
April 27, 2008 10:33AM
Someone here in Austin made contact with me at Jelly on Friday and the local university is doing a RepRap similar project and wanted me to come to a meeting they are having.

If there is anyone else active in Houston/San Antonio/Austin - speak up!
I've been following reprap steadily for a bit over a year now. In fact, it's implications on society have become a bit of an unhealthy obsession of mine. I really want to do more though, and actually build a machine soon. I would love to make some contacts in Houston or Austin, so know that I'm out there looking too. At the moment, money has me sos strapped as to not even be able to afford my own computer, but soon I'll be on my way to printing parts to make Mendel.
mag5
April 03, 2010 11:01AM
Hello I want to get a hold of roundsparrow. I live in San Antonio and just found out about reprap. I would really like to start up a reprap. If you are still doing reprap stuff please respond.
Want to start a work shop in cypress tx near houston developing a more complete
Rep rap mendal with case to develop a 500.00
Machine kit. Work shop beginners can watch and learn, and hang out drinking coffe. In the shop.
I built a plastic vacuform machine with a molding part size of of
11" x 14"x6" capeability
Looking for donations of rep rap parts of any kind of extras to be used in open source shop
Maid available for any one wanting to learn and build.
Any proceed donations the same purpose to meet supply parts for
Groups . Donators get VIP access any time.
Any one who would like to support this houston cypress rep rap open source group . You may drop off extra parts at :
12811 Ivy Forest dr. Cypress TX , 77429 care of Richard woidtke. Thank you for any thing you can give its all for the people,who wish to participate in this wonderfull
New technology. I attend Lakewood Church. We are here to serve others. And share: God bless you . Admathaideas is Hebrew for God Given ideas that's all it means
And that's a lot because where else does our creativity come but from him . It's a gift
Lets put it to work here in Houston and see what The Lord can do through Us.)
Sinserely . Richard woidtke. Founder
April 29, 2013 04:34PM
I have just ordered a Tri-color Mendel from ReprapPro in England. It is supposed to ship mid-May.

While I am waiting, I am beginning work on a Lyman filament extruder. I have the electronics and have a small machine shop to make the other parts myself.

I am in the Cypress area and would like to meet for coffee. Please send me a PM and we can arrange a time.

Neil
May 10, 2013 04:57PM
Yes ,Hi Neil nice to meet you Richard woidtke here any time I live off 249 and Loretta
We could meet at egg n I morn or mc Donald's . At 4:00 -6:00pm
916-705-8708 is how to reach me. Thank 's for your response.smiling smiley
June 21, 2014 02:31AM
Any one who would like to support this houston cypress rep rap open source group . You may drop off extra parts at :
12811 Ivy Forest dr. Cypress TX , 77429 care of Richard woidtke. Thank you for any thing you can give its all for the people,who wish to participate in this wonderfull
New technology. I attend Lakewood Church. We are here to serve others.

[dcmhomebuyers.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login