Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need Advice on building a 3D Printer

Posted by Mehul 
Need Advice on building a 3D Printer
February 28, 2011 05:20PM
I need help building a printer, I am very new to this and like the Idea of a 3D Printer.

I have built PC's a while back and know little about PC.

I live south of Houston and can travel to Houston for help and to learn.

Thanks
Mehul
my contact info:

mpatel109@yahoo.com
(979)709-8317

Mehul
Re: Need Advice on building a 3D Printer
March 02, 2011 09:45PM
I belong to the Houston Hackerspace, txrxlabs (txrxlabs.org). We have a Makerbot cupcake and a Mendel (built by me).

We have an open-house meeting on Friday nights starting at about 7:30 if anyone wants to come by and see a working mendel and discuss 3D printer issues. It is at 2010 Commerce st., a few blocks from Minute Maid Park in downtown Houston.

In fact, on March 4, we are having an open-house with 3D printing as a theme and free food.

fdavies
(Hope this ain't an old, dead thread...) I am fixin' to build a 3D printer, and then perhaps add a laser for ablation.

I've looked at Zen toolworks, rapman, etc., and have decided to throw support towards 'reprap'.

Consider this a 'ping', and please respond...

mark[dot]w[dot]ingalls[ampersand]gmail[dot]com
www[dot]markwingalls[dot]com

...thanks ahead...
May 10, 2013 05:19PM
I can be reached at 916-705-8708. For rep rap help.richard woidtke nice to meet you.Mark.
June 21, 2014 02:29AM
I want to make it so that my print bed does not move. i want my x and y axis to be at the top and my z axis be a platform where only the extruder moves and not the entire gantry. I plan to use mainly acrylic to do my build and this will be 100 % for scratch. I am a high school student, very excited about 3D printing as a means by which to build a lot of the things I've designed as well as possible economic exploits.

[dcmhomebuyers.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login