Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hello from Houston

Posted by Patrick 
Hello from Houston
November 11, 2007 12:57AM
I guess I'll start this off... I was at the Maker Faire and saw the reprap folks first hand. It was nice since I've been following the reprap website for a long while.

My name is Patrick Hood-Daniel and I'm the author of buildyourcnc.com website. I enjoy fabrication, but I enjoy robotics even more. Fabrication for me is a means to an end, but it's really fun getting there.

Cheers! and I hope the Houston forum goes well. Thanks, Patrick
Re: Hello from Houston
November 16, 2007 12:42PM
Hello,
I don't know how much time I can contribute, but I would like to build one of these machines too. How do we start?
Jim
Houston RepRap meet up
November 16, 2007 12:45PM
Let's plan to meet up in Houston. I live in Katy, but we can meet in downtown Houston to get started. Let's try early December. I'll find a place and check back with this board.
Re: Houston RepRap meet up
November 26, 2007 12:25PM
First Meeting of the Houston RepRap User Group will be Wednesday, November 28th at 6:00 P.M. at the Warren's Inn, 307 Travis Street Houston, TX 77002. Parking is available in the street at 6 p.m. This will be a general discussion for anyone who wants to help build the first RepRap in Houston. We can all chip in time and/or money to build the first one and this group will make sure that anyone who wants to build their own RepRap, gets our help. This meeting should only take 30 minutes and we will make plans for a December meet-up too.

Let's get our first one build ASAP!
January 29, 2008 03:52PM
When is the next scheduled meeting?
January 29, 2008 11:59PM
Last time we met I think we were talking about the Sun after the superbowl, so I guess that means next weekend.

You still seem to be "unregistered"?

Dylan
January 30, 2008 03:44PM
Yes, unregistered... I just tried to register with little success. I'm looking forward to the meeting the Sunday after the Superbowl.

Thanks, Patrick
August 21, 2011 11:01AM
I am north of Kingwood, I have just this past month learned of reprap. I would like to build a machine and learn more. My personal number is 832-403-5507
October 01, 2011 11:35PM
Hi, someone recently introduced me to repraps and we built one here in Houston. It's visible online at www.cthulhucam.com. But it's unfinished and I am unable to finish it by myself due to lack of time and talent. I would really like to make it fully functional. Is there a member of Houston's reprap community who would like help in completing the project? Call Glenn at 713-817-9491.... Is the November meeting at Warren's Inn still on?
February 06, 2012 09:27AM
I just found this site however Houston has a very informative group already. Houston Hackerspace has an open house every friday night. It is real close to MinuteMaid Park. They have quite a few 3D printers in action and are very informed. They have a communuity warehouse with many machine tools, welders, plasma cutters etc. It appears that if you join, you get 24/7 access to the space itself. Fun group. I myself am building a Rep Strap from an A2ZCNC mill that I already have. I have a custom heated bed and a MK6 Extruder that will most likely be modified before it is ever used. I will be using Mach 3 for the controller software.
April 01, 2012 04:05PM
Hello all.
I'm in Corpus Christi (not houston, but its closer than the other texas forums). i'm an amateur hobbiest with a small budget but large ammounts of time on my hands, and i'd like to build a RepRap to support those hobbies. Reason i'm posting here is because the only places i can find to purchase the parts kits are overseas, and extremely expensive (IE out of my budget), and because i like being able to bounce ideas off people with more experiance than me. anyone out there willing/able to help a guy out? i'd be more than willing to pay shipping plus a reasonable rate (reimburse you for your time and consumables, etc.).

Lord Damian
JTT
February 21, 2013 10:53PM
Figured April 2012 was too long to go without a post. I'm in Houston (Clear Lake). I've not yet bought a RepRap yet, but I've got my eye on a MendelMax 2. We'll see if they come out soon and how many issues they have when the do.
April 17, 2013 04:25PM
Hi I'm Richard of cypress area of Houston.
This tech is so cool to me and I would like to build
A rep rap to understand the process.I look forward to meeting
The rest of my maker enthusiast . Admathaideas is a co. Name I'm associated with but I'm a
Down to earth person. Clever in many mechanical ways. Making new friend s . with my interest. I am new to Tx.
Been here a year and a half. Invite me to any meetings hook me up I would appreciate it . RCW
916-705-8708

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2013 07:51PM by Admathaideas.
April 17, 2013 07:53PM
I want to make a device to help my brother in law walk beter after a stroke.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login