Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Second Meeting of Houston RUG will be happening soon

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Second Meeting of Houston RUG will be happening soon
December 11, 2007 07:38PM
We will be having a second meeting soon and we may meet on the North side this time on a Sunday afternoon. I know Christmas is coming but so are the RepRaps so let

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2007 07:39PM by Cheap!.
Re: Second Meeting of Houston RUG will be happening soon
December 27, 2007 01:52PM
Sunday, December 30 proposal? Say some place in Katy from 3pm to 6pm to watch football and talk RepRap?

I would be coming from far side of San Antonio... and buying Pizza!

[www.fuzzyspizzakaty.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2007 01:59PM by RoundSparrow.
Anonymous User
December 27, 2007 03:24PM
Wow! Pizza! Football! RepRap! In Katy! There was no way I could make it Saturday, but I'll let you know about Sunday, I think I can make it. I'll see if Kelly can make it and I'll email Dylan too.

I'll know by tomorrow and I'll find a location in Katy that we will post here tomorrow incase anyone else out there would like to learn more about the RepRap Project.
December 27, 2007 04:15PM
Fuzzy's Pizza is highly rated and I proposed that for the location. I'm flexible on the time of day for Sunday... Fuzzy's pizza is open until 9:30pm on Sunday.

Looks like a 12:00pm Houston game and a 3:15pm Dallas game. I have a Slingbox I can setup on my laptop if Fuzzy's pizza doesn't have the game on. I have a DirectTV NFL ticket, so no blackouts.

I'm honestly not much of a football fan [my wife is the fan], but the game is as good a reason as any other to hang out in a pizza place.

// P.S. If we can't get enough people together for Sunday, propose the next date. I want the trip to be somewhat worthwhile in terms of 6 hours round trip travel time for me.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2007 07:24PM by RoundSparrow.
December 28, 2007 12:50AM
My car is in pieces and dead, but I am hopefully getting a new one tomorrow. If that goes through then this Sun would be great.

Maybe we can bring what we have and address any concerns. Jim, I know you were having problems with the software.
I don't have a laptop to bring, but I do have the boards and some chips programmed that I can bring.
I also don't really care about football, but beer and pizza does sound good. Actually beer and anything sounds good right about now.... I need to go have some dinner.

Dylan
Anonymous User
December 28, 2007 09:46AM
OK, it looks official; we will have our second meeting of the H-RUG on December 30.

Date: Sunday December 30, 2007
Time: From 12:00 p.m. until 1:00 p.m.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2007 12:59PM by Cheap!.
December 28, 2007 10:40AM
Yha, i encourage to bring your computer ot try and get the software working.

I will be bringing my working set of electronics {I have both sets} - and I have my extruder completed as of this morning. I will have a complete set of working software on LInux and I also have Windows Vista with me and an internet connection.

I plan on staying at least 3 or 4 hours, please do if you can!

// Stephen Gutknecht
December 28, 2007 09:46PM
Stephen, if you have the host software setup on your laptop you could really help my out with testing my setup. I can get my pc to talk to the PIC and it sends data back, but not at the right speed I think.
If you have the 16f648a then maybe I could try one of your chips in my board and see if that fixes the problem.

I'll probably be staying until we finish being productive and I get bored. I'll have to go see my family down there anyway.

Dylan
December 29, 2007 09:05AM
Ok, so I am going to focus what I bring to the meeting on:

1. software/laptops.
2. Electronics
3. Extruder assembly and plastics

I think that will give us plenty to discuss and do.
December 29, 2007 04:09PM
CAR POOL Information:

Stephen Gutknecht, I'm coming from Canyon Lake. I have room for 3 or 4 guests. I will be driving a 2008 Scion xB silver. Photo of similar car: [image.automotive.com]

I may put a Linux sticker on the side winking smiley I have some magnetic signs from when I sold our last car.

New Braunfels @ 9:30am
====================
La Quinta Inn
365 S State Highway 46, New Braunfels, TX

Please don't be late, this will be a short 5 minute pickup stop. I suggest being there by 9:25am. Park somewhere nearby where you are comfortable, please be at the Lobby/registration area and look for my car to pull up.

Seguin, TX @ 9:50am
================
La Quinta Inn
1501 N State Highway 46, Seguin, TX 78155

Again, please don't be late, I suggest being there at 9:45am. Park somewhere nearby where you are comfortable, please be at the Lobby/registration area and look for my car to pull up.

--------------------------------------------------
Then we will be on to Fuzzy's pizza in Katy, TX which should get us there right at noontime. We will stay 2 or 3 hours then return... so don't plan on being back 5:00pm.

I would appreciate if you would confirm with me [ Stephen @ HillTX.com email ] so I know to look for someone. My cell phone number is: 928 642-8691 which I will have while traveling. Leave voice mail if I don't catch it.

P.S. I am indeed bringing my One Laptop per Child / XO-1 system if anyone wants to play with it in the car, I haven't had time to mess with it.

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2007 04:48PM by RoundSparrow.
Anonymous User
December 30, 2007 01:47AM
I have finished up all my boards today (less one cap. on the power board), so if you Dylan could program my chip, and you Stephen could check my boards, it would be a big help. I have no cables yet. I am ready to build my extruder so I am looking for any words of wisdom Stephen can give us. This will be a great time for anyone who is interested to come and see what we have. I will bring all of my stuff that I have so far and between all of us going, we will have lots to see and a good building team all in one place.

Please join us if you can.
December 30, 2007 02:03AM
I haven't actually been using the "first gen" electronics much, so I've been getting them together to be as ready as I can. I also just now got my PIC programmer confirmed working on a laptop I'm bringing with me.

I've got one of the stepper motor tester LED boards, I think that will be good enough to test with. I'll bring some extra wires, etc.
December 30, 2007 02:13AM
Have you tested the stepmotor.hex firmware with the host software? That is where my issue is. (getting the pic and host to talk)
December 30, 2007 09:40AM
Not with my "first gen hardware" - we can do that at the meeting. however, I know my RepRap host software works fine with the Ardrino - so my software is all good. And I know I have a good USB to rs232 adapter too... AND I have a different set of boards than you do... so I'm pretty confident we will get somewhere.

See you at the meeting, heading out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login