Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Plastics industry people

Posted by RoundSparrow 
Plastics industry people
January 18, 2008 12:05PM
It seems hard for me to ignore that Texas seems to be a world leader in plastics industry... and maybe we need to be recruiting some engineers to get involved in RepRap (on their own personal time).

[ptc.tamu.edu]
Polymer Technology Center (PTC) at Texas A&M University

[www.spe-stx.org]

And: [4spe.org]
Society of Plastics Engineers
MAJOR MEETING: Seminar Series at PolyTech 2008
February 25-28, 2008
Houston Marriott North at Greenspoint
Houston, Texas, USA
CAVEMAN
Re: Plastics industry people
January 25, 2008 10:03PM
Hey, I live in college station and work at tamu. I'll see if I can find any common contacts over there.
I've started pushing the reprap idea in the Moon Society. I recommend that your group present the idea at a meeting of the Houston Chapter.

"The Houston Chapter will host its next meeting in the meeting room at the Freeman Branch Library in Clear Lake (Note: New location!) on Monday, July 28, 2008. The room is booked beginning at 6:30 p.m.; meeting begins at 7:00 p.m. and will conclude by 8:45 p.m. (when the library closes). All members, guests, and interested visitors are welcome to attend. Expect to see a report from members attending ISDC 2008 in Washington DC and some lively discussion afterwards."

Future chapter meetings and directions will be listed at the following site as they are scheduled.
[www.moonsociety.org]

I recommend you talk to Vik Olliver as he can help you immensely with talking points. Hopefully this will snag you additional members.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login