Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[QLD] Prusa i3 Aluminium Frame

Posted by dansxmods 
[QLD] Prusa i3 Aluminium Frame
January 16, 2013 04:35AM
Hi All,

I am looking at selling Prusa's new i3 Aluminium Frame the cost would be $80ea plus shipping. I will have to work out shipping once I have one set in my hands. One set will consist of the frame, y axis frame, 2 heat sinks for the small geared stepper motors suitable for Rons Geared Stepper extruders and one other plate I am not sure what it is for yet.
Re: [QLD] Prusa i3 Aluminium Frame
January 16, 2013 10:15PM
photo?

Cheers,
Franklin Dattein
January 17, 2013 08:30PM
Hi Franklin,

I don't have any in my hands yet I will post a photo once I get one.
Here is a PDF of the plate.
Attachments:
open | download - frame-one-layer.pdf (13 KB)
January 23, 2013 12:34AM
Oh heck yes! Will you drill holes for motors and heat bed? What about for the electronics- would those be customizable if I got something other than ramps?
January 23, 2013 01:10AM
I was thinking about getting the new 6mm plywood version instead, if I can get 9 other people I can do it for $45ea instead, plus shipping or free pick up from greenbank 4124. Let me know what you think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2013 01:12AM by dansxmods.
Attachments:
open | download - Prusa3WOOD-v4.png (37.8 KB)
March 29, 2013 08:58PM
ive recently cut out an i3 frame out of 1/4" aluminum on the cnc, similiar to twelvepro's style with the back braces but modified for m10 threaded rod on the y axis. i also upgraded some of the printed parts to 1/8" aluminum parts, the only printed parts are the x carriage, x motor bracket, x idler bearing bracket, the heated bed lm8uu holders, and the endstops. i am the US and can make more, would any one be interested? id be asking 200$ for the frame and 50$ for the aluminum upgrades. i used the printed parts from alkarny on ebay.
@thainfamousnate

Do you mind sending me pictures of your setup, so I can understand what are the upgraded parts you are talking about.

I can get the original prusa i3 frame with the Y plate for 99$ here, so I would want to see what you have for 150$ more.

You can contact me at jean.francois.talbot [at] gmail

Thank you
July 10, 2013 01:08AM
Still available?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login