Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fill not meeting outer edge [SOLVED]

Posted by RiC0MD 
Fill not meeting outer edge [SOLVED]
January 02, 2012 04:31PM
Hi Everyone,

I've finally got everything built and now trying to get things calibrated 100%. I've got the latest SFACT from Git, which seemed to fix a lot of my issues, but created one. My infill is not connecting with the outside edge of the print. Attached you can see this on the arm I'm attempting to print. I've tried adjusting a few things, but nothing seems to affect the gap and/or makes it much worse. I'm no Skeinforge/SFact expert, so I was hoping somebody might be able to push me in the right direction.

Thank you very much!

Current Settings

Layer Height = 0.2
Extrusion Width = 0.5
Filameter Diameter = 2.83
Infil Solidity = 0.4
Infill Pattern: Grid Hexagonal

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2012 02:01AM by RiC0MD.
Attachments:
open | download - printerissue.jpg (210 KB)
Re: Fill not meeting outer edge
January 03, 2012 01:23AM
Looks like backlash, which is a hardware problem. Your axis that is left to right on those parts either has a belt that is too lose or something is binding. You can see that as the perimeter on the right side of the left part doesn't go straight the whole way, the axis takes some time to catch up to what the motor is doing.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
Re: Fill not meeting outer edge
January 03, 2012 02:01AM
The irony is just before your reply, I was looking at the X belt thinking, wow that looks loose. Sure enough reading your post confirmed it in my head, gave it a quick tweak and the part is looking perfect!

Thank you very much for your reply!
Re: Fill not meeting outer edge [SOLVED]
January 03, 2012 07:42AM
Hi RiC0MD,

Would you consider adding your image and description to the "The Art of 3D Print Failure" Flickr group? It certainly could be useful for others who have similar issues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2012 09:08AM by garyhodgson.

------------------------------------------
garyhodgson.com/reprap | reprap.development-tracker.info | thingtracker.net
January 03, 2012 09:59AM
Second that, I'm just having the same issue right now, your post confirmed my suspicion about the X axis experimenting backlash as your picture show very similar effect to what I have.

(Not out of lack of belt tension for me, but rather from loose idler bearings)
January 03, 2012 10:01AM
@Gary,

Just put it up into the group.

Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login