Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bridges fast or slow?

Posted by Enlightx 
Bridges fast or slow?
May 08, 2012 07:51AM
what do people suggest for speed on bridges to stop drooping/hangs ?

Should i be running the printer quickly over the bridge or do you print it slow so it dries leaving no droop?

using PLA btw dont know if this dries quicker/slower then ABS ?
Re: Bridges fast or slow?
May 08, 2012 08:27AM
I do nothing special for bridges. I just use a layer height and width small enough to ensure the filament is stretched slightly to stop it sagging. Long bridges always droop a little, a fan helps, particularly with PLA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2012 08:28AM by nophead.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
May 08, 2012 09:38AM
when you say width are you talking width settings in slic3r ? because i could not find this anywere or are you talking nozzel size

and the fan you talking a fan blowing onto the print?

sorry only been reprapping for 2 weeks smiling smiley
May 08, 2012 10:24AM
I have never used Slic3r. I use Skeinforge where I have complete control of filament width and height.

Yes a fan blowing on the print makes the plastic cool faster but it is tricky to do without cooling the nozzle or the bed.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
May 08, 2012 12:08PM
You can set the width over height ration in Slic3r, it's just usually left alone since the automatic calculation is pretty good.
The only real control you have in Slic3r over bridges is layer depth, and the extrusion rate relative to normal.
I usually leave the latter at 1, and as long as your layer depth < about 0.6 of your Nozzle diameter it works pretty well for me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login