Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Print issues as print gets higher.

Posted by neuroclast 
Print issues as print gets higher.
March 04, 2012 11:38PM
I've been having this issue since assembling my printer, and have never been able to sort it out. I'm trying to print the Guidler, and as the print gets higher the print quality seems to get worse.

Pictures;

This is ABS @ 230C, on a heated bed. I am using a 0.35mm nozzle with a 0.175 layer height. All my belts are tight, extruder is calibrated, and all axes are calibrated.

Any ideas?
Re: Print issues as print gets higher.
March 05, 2012 03:54PM
i think your a little hot when it gets to the small parts at the top of the print.
try blowing on it or get a fan. but don't cool it to the point that you lose bed adhesion.
maybe try reducing the hotend a few degrees when you get to the end.

also your infill looks a little wacky, i use the hexagonal per spacexula.
he has a list of skeinforge settings somewhere that really make nice parts.

i think your just a couple of tweaks from making nice parts.
.175 layer should be really nice.
fks
March 06, 2012 12:31AM
Looks like your extrusion is inconsistent. Your either to fast and/or your hobbed bold is skipping.
As glrra19 already mentioned I think your to hot too.

I don't think it's a good idea to start with such low layer heights. Try 0.25 first to see the issues more clearly.
March 12, 2012 08:32AM
What do your first layer parameters look like vs the upper layers? It looks like your first couple layers are a little better (althought kinda hard to tell from the pics) and these are typically printed slower than the upper layers. I know in Slic3r, there is a setting that indicates bottom layer speed @ (30%) of normal layer speeds. And then solid infill would dictate the next couple layers. I'd slow down all of the layers to a speed that resembles your first couple layers and post the results.

I'm finding that things get expoentially harder to narrow down when printing too fast.

Josh

//++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
//Prusa / RAMPS_1.4 & ATMega_2560 / Slic3r > Pronterface > Marlin / Luck
//++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
March 20, 2012 03:57PM
Looks like not enough plastic is being extruded. Have you calibrated your e-steps/mm and filament diameter?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login