Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PLA refuses to stick and extrude correctly

Posted by Enlightx 
PLA refuses to stick and extrude correctly
April 28, 2012 05:37AM
Hi guys

just testing my 1st reprap and im having a nightmware with it not stick to the glass on the 1st layer. then with it not sticking it curls up and stick to the jhead nozzel.

also it seems to stick after a second or 2 then as soon as a reverse happens does not stick then sticks again after a second or two.

any ideas as its doing my head in now iv tried so many things.

Settings im using are as follow

head temp 200C
bed temp 70c

and im using faberdashery PLA material
Re: PLA refuses to stick and extrude correctly
April 28, 2012 07:02AM
Use a higher bed temperature for the first layer and then lower for the rest. I use 90C and 55C for Faberdashery PLA. I also use a hinger nozzle temperature, 200 is a bit low.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
April 28, 2012 07:12PM
Hi,

I use Faberdashery PLA - Arctic white and I set my bed temp to 65 although normally set it running when the top of the bed temp is above 52 degrees (measured using an IR thermometer) as I can't be bothered to wait too long before going to work or bed! I have read that using different colours may require adjustments to the temp.

Make sure your bed in clean - before every print wipe over with some kitchen roll and cheap nail varnish remover (acetone) - Just make sure there aren't any other oily ingredients in with the acetone.

Sally
April 29, 2012 10:10AM
thanks for the help guys

i reflashed sprinter onto device and now is sticking

also taking longer to heat up so my guess is that thermistor was wrong the 1st time
April 29, 2012 12:02PM

I can't be bothered to wait too long before going to work or bed!

You need this: [hydraraptor.blogspot.co.uk]

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
April 30, 2012 05:26AM
I am having this problem also. The extruder seems to be extruding ok but will not stick to unheated glass.

I have a hotbed but Pronterface says the temp is 357 degrees but it does not heat up.

How do I flash my sanguinololu with sprinter?
May 05, 2012 10:13AM
You need to get the sprinter firmware [github.com]

Arduino 0.18 [arduino.googlecode.com]

Sanguino software for 0.18 [sanguino.googlecode.com]

extract sprinter download to a folder

extract aruduino to another folder

put the sanguino folder(from the downloaded zip file) into the extracted arduino hardware folder

then load arduino software and open the sprinter.pde from the extracted sprinter folder

edit the config file (2nd tab along) to your required settings (make sure you set correct thermistor settings)

then verify and if works okay then upload (make sure u move over the reset jumper on your electronic board)

then fingers crossed you will be working

if you still have trouble give the electronics forums a post they will know more
May 05, 2012 06:24PM
Thanks all for your help. Got the attached file from the supplier of my circuit board and it worked great.

Now I just need to work out the settings. I have the original gears on my steppers and t5 belts so I know this is unusual but I may be able to tweak it enough when I work out how to move the x and y just a bit.

Currently, the printer starts a print to the right, rear of my plate so my steppers are moving a bit more than the 100 on x and less than 100 on y.
Attachments:
open | download - SanguinololuUploadSprinterHOWTO-1.doc (28.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login