Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Last layer incomplete

Posted by Megdor 
Last layer incomplete
May 29, 2012 11:10PM
Just wondering if anyone would have any ideas/hints on how to fix this problem.

Goes through entire print fine until the last layer.

It then prints about 4/5 of the layer and acts like it is finished. Doesn't freeze and has no error messages or anything.

Everything looks fine in slic3r.
Sliced it multiple ways with multiple settings. Always stops in the exact same spot.

Trying to get this to work on Windows, seemed to be running fine with Ubuntu.
Installed slic3r, pronterface, etc from:
[koti.kapsi.fi]
Re: Last layer incomplete
November 13, 2012 08:46PM
Hey, Im having the same problem. Did you ever find a solution to this?

Thanks
Samuel
November 13, 2012 09:40PM
Try running the STL through NetFabb? Does it do that on all your parts or just the one?
January 11, 2013 12:36PM
I'm having exactly the same problem. Has anyone else figured this out? It happens on any part I try to print. In fact, I wouldn't say it just happily quits -> it does a move way to the left with extrusion still running for a bit (I get a little horizontal tail hanging off the top), and then moves X to the middle and Y carriage to the far back, overrunning the home switch into the back. Very weird. G-code looks OK. Seems to be a Marlin firmware issue? Perhaps communication between the host and the board?

I have also seen cases where it seems to not complete other layers in the middle of the print (the infill), though it's hard to tell exactly.
January 12, 2013 02:52PM
I think I got this figured out. My slic3r config was inserting this custom G-code at the end of the job:

M104 S0 ; turn off temperature
G28 X0 ; home X axis
M84 ; disable motors

I think either the M104 or G28 might have preempted anything in the buffer. I added an M400 command right before the M104 and it seems to work. That should make it complete the commands in the buffer first.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login