Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

random stall, SENDING:M105 will wait forever [SOLVED maybe]

Posted by dustynus 
random stall, SENDING:M105 will wait forever [SOLVED maybe]
August 19, 2012 08:09AM
I originally had problems months ago with my printer just stopping in the middle of prints randomly causing me to lose all the work done on these pieces, and making my printer unreliable.

I was sure it was my wiring since the thermistor was not very well insulated. (i had the same problem reoccuring for about 6 months, one and off, ending up with me replacing thermistor/wiring stuff.

Whenever I would use a new thermistor and completely resolder/rebuild my whole wiring to the hotend, It would work consistantly without freezing up.

It lasted about 3 weeks of using the printer.
I made a few small prints, and after making 1 long overnight print, 2 days following that, it stops working in mid prints again with beefed up insulation of my thermistor. (I have kapton/ heatshrink, and ptfe tubes around the arms of it)
The printer heats up fast. (I have kapton/ heatshrink, and ptfe tubes around the arms of it)

No errors only when i click ´check temperature´, my console shows somethings like:
ok T:150.2 /150.0 @:0
ok T:150.2 /150.0 @:0
ok T:150.2 /150.0 @:56
ok T:150.2 /150.0 @:127
ok T:150.1 /150.0 @:105
ok T:150.1 /150.0 @:38
ok T:150.2 /150.0 @:23
ok T:150.2 /150.0 @:54
SENDING:M105

and will be stuck trying to send m105 with no result indefinitly until I turn on and off, or have to buy new thermistor rewire and stuff.

Anyone had to deal with this sort of thing ? Is it normal to have to replace thermistor and stuff consistantly every few months ?

I have same thermistor as [www.grrf.de]
using marlin, I´ve tried lowering communication speeds, it seems to be wiring due to the error, but why does it work perfectly for 3 weeks, even through a long 15 hour print, then all of a sudden thermistor just stops working properly.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, this is kinda the only thing I havent been able to cure permanently...

Right now I have no other thermistors, so I´m kinda stuck with a printer who won´t go for more than 10 minutes for now

(Also noticed the last couple hours trying over and over, it seems to stop on corners of lines where it turns 90 degrees)

SOLUTION:

I seemed to turn down my xy jerk to 1 from previously 1,4, as well as turning off the option to ''disable axis when not in use", and now it hasn't had the error , so maybe I fixed it **

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2012 03:13AM by dustynus.
I had the same problem, that is, the printer stalls randomly, that is after some printing time has elapsed. No errors recorded, no obvious malfunction. It just stops in a line of the Gcode. Nozzle and bed keep heated. I have a Protos printer, sort of a Mendel Prusa offspring. My gut feeling was telling me that the processor on the arduino Mega Board had stalled. Maybe because of too little cooling or because of vibration from the cooling fan. So what I did was mounting the fan "in front" of the printer on a separate fan mount, that is, separate from the electrical mounts. Problem Solved! If you come to think of it, the Arduino Board is closes along three sides, only the front is more or less open for the air to flow between the two electrical boards. Might be as well a solution to your problem.

Frank
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login