Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gcode Commands

Posted by Jusme 
Gcode Commands
June 09, 2012 07:20PM
Hey all, Im a newbie at this but thought I would ask. Using Pronter/Slicer/Marlin firmware, prusa mendel from Lulzbot. Is
there a way to send a gcode command to ulter say the currant infill, perimeters, layers etc.. Or can you just adjust the
speed only? At a certain point in some of my prints it would be great to increase fill, decrease perimeters, etc.., but I'm guessing
you can't do these on the fly. I've read about splicing gcode together but seems way above my head for now. If not don't
you all think that this would be a great thing to be able to do?

Thanks, Scott
Re: Gcode Commands
June 09, 2012 07:50PM
It would be very cool to be able to do this, but the correct place for tweaking this is during the slicing process, when the gcode is being created. It's one of those features that will be very tricky to implement "properly", since the slicer basically needs to know exactly what settings you want for infill and perimeters etc, but then has use all that information and choose parameters that actually work - otherwise you'll get weird bugs with unsupported walls and support. You could always edit the stls to have voids inside them if you were looking to save plastic?
Re: Gcode Commands
June 09, 2012 09:27PM
Kinda what I thought. Gonna have to learn to splice gcodes together I guess. Not really about saving
plastic, more about getting a good part to come out the way I want it. Would something like that
be hard to implement you think? The way I think , it's like a pause command, hey keep the same
settings but from now on infill at 100 %*, or reduce perimeters by 1, etc. Something to think
about .

Thx, Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login